Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving Courtesy
06-01-2004, 08:32 AM,
Re:Diving Courtesy
Sorry for the ignorance on my part, but what does "ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!" stand for or mean??
06-01-2004, 08:38 AM,
"The majority of the stupid is invincible and guaranteed for all time. The terror of their tyranny, however, is alleviated by their lack of consistency".

Albert Einstein (1953)
06-01-2004, 08:42 AM,

Rolling Over the Floor Laughing My Arse Off
06-01-2004, 08:46 AM,
I thought we already had one Chuck Johnson on this board. Now we have two? Are they the same person? WTF??
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
06-01-2004, 09:55 AM,
As a new diver, I use this forum mainly as a networking and learning tool to becoming a "better" diver. From what I have seen on this post so far is that people would rather b!tch and moan about an issue that should have been taken care of at that moment. The discussion of dive flag usage could have been brought to this forum to broaden everyone's knowledge. Instead, all I have seen is name-calling and complaining from the main people involved. The ONLY thing I have gained from this discussion is that there are some immature divers out there that can't take care of their own problems. Why don't you take this issue and resolve it between yourselves and start acting like mature, responsible divers?
Enthusiasm is contagious. Start an epidemic.
06-01-2004, 10:44 AM,
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur!
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
06-01-2004, 10:55 AM,
How profound! :Smile

A quick google search answerd my question. 8)
06-01-2004, 11:24 AM,
Did I miss something... who is talking in Latin?

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur = “Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.”

Maybe PADI could sell this topic as a new course "Diver drop on head recovery" Wink

I hate flags, see no real need for them (except when at a dive platform maybe..) and try not to use them except when I feel overly threatened by "the man." When will it be required to wear flashing red lights when you are outside at night or when will it be required by law for you to carry your National ID card with a RFID tag broadcasting your every move to be recorded by the government for improved security... sorry got carried away... to much rain not enough diving... Smile
06-01-2004, 12:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2004, 08:37 PM by scubadog76.)
;D There are some instances that hallmark just doesn't make a card for! ;D

FYI for albert E. The majority of the stupid ARE invincible....
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
06-01-2004, 12:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-01-2004, 12:38 PM by igotoofar.)
Al, you didn't miss it, you just didn't understand it.

Mark was trying to "lighten" up this thread by throwing some humor into it.

We have may laws that require us to do, or not do, things for our saftey and others:
Turning on your car lights when it is raining.
The wearing of seat belts.
Not walking on public land (Freeway ;D)
Non prescription drugs
Smoking in No-Smoking areas.
Drinking while driving
Jaywalking.

Some of these I agree with, and others I don't. We know what the rules are, and can choose which ones we want to follow, just dont complain when when others point out the ones that you are not following.