Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diving Courtesy
06-02-2004, 06:38 PM,
Re:Diving Courtesy
Beer dont cut it any more. time for Tiquila ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
06-02-2004, 09:33 PM,
Dre,
nonono...you cannot take offense to such passes, they are compliments...When someone compliments you on your golf game, you humbly state that you have been working hard on your stroke. When someone compliments your sports car, you say thank you, she has great pickup and corners fantastically!!! When someone compliments you on your wife, you say " Thanks, SHE RIDES LIKE A MECHANICAL BULL!!!"...NONONONO..SORRY!!!!!! I DID NOT MEAN THAT!!!!!!
You should politely say...thank you..she is a good woman...even if she did get slapped around a little bit on this string.....GrooveMeow.....I do think the two of you should have had a flag, but many of us are guilty of the same offense. I am confident you are a fine young lady...you are strong in your beliefs....as evidenced by your previous posts..Thats a good thing. I think the only real error you may have made is that you may have came off a little strong on this topic......I have but one request....lose the word Stroke from you vocabulary...it only offends... Smile
Oops Did I really say that?????
06-03-2004, 07:50 AM,
You mean I should have said:

A girl like that wil give you sorrow
You'll meet another girl tomorrow
One of your own kind!
Stick to your own kind!

To which Chickie might say:

Oh no, DRE, no
DRE, no!
It isn't true, not for me,
It's true for you, not for me.
I hear your words
And in my head I know they're smart,
But my heart, DRE
But my heart
Knows they're wrong
And my heart is too strong!

Wink

We also know from Shakespeare how nasty the battle between Montagues and Capulets could get - oops, did I just give Lennie's inspiration away...?!

06-03-2004, 07:52 AM,
Relax dude - my comment was meant in good fun - I should have added one of these Wink

06-03-2004, 08:42 AM,
Too bad chickie is a guy, I was kind of hoping for chickie to be a woman. <burp> Forget the poetry, after all those beers... and hearing chickie telling groovekitty how beautiful she is, and mixing in the ensuing cat fight - I kept envisioning the Miller Lite commercial with the two women fighting/wrestling in their bikinis while in the fountain. Tongue

Of course, that would bring it to a new low.

Instead I would have settled for them tearing at in each their wetsuits at square lake over who rules the platforms. Wink

I'm sure groovekitty is much more respectable than that though.

So, have the two of you made up?
06-03-2004, 10:08 PM,
Relax dude - my comment was meant in good fun - I should have added one of these

I am certain that mine was as well... Wink
Oops Did I really say that?????
06-09-2004, 07:02 AM,
I haven't dove Square Lake in 8 years and I know it has changed a lot since then. I was attracted to this subject because it is a common experience (platform sharing) that I have faced over the last 24 years of teaching diving in the upper midwest.
I don't really know how many of the old timers browse through here. I see that one person has some background and knowledge of the platforms at Square Lake.

I was involved in installing 4 platforms at Square Lake. Initilally our objective was to have a place for our store to have our own platform to use. We did understand that we could not claim ownership of the platform because we never asked the county if we could put it in or not. Back in those days there was Vets Salvage Diving, Smith Diving, Club Scuba, and Scuba Center. We all knew each other and most of us had different areas we used for staging our classes. It was never a problem finding a platform to use. Back then there were only two platforms in the lake.

In the early 80's the scuba scene caught on. At one point there were over 10 dive stores in the Twin Cities. That led to more classes at Square Lake. That meant more platforms. Most of the new stores put their own platforms in to accomodate their needs. Some stores just used the platforms when they were vacant. I personally thought the training area was getting a little crowded so we put two more platforms in.

As I mentioned earlier , this is a common probem in lakes with platforms. It happens a lot at Lake Wazee too. The solution is simple, coordinate-communicate. If you see a group there before you, communicate and coordinate your use of the platforms.

The title of the subject was "Diving Courtesy", well titled, now lets practice it and quit the finger pointing and name calling because we all should be diving instead.