Remember me
Lost Password Register

drysuit\equipment repair
05-26-2004, 09:48 AM,
drysuit\equipment repair
I would love to learn how to reapir scuab quipment and drysuits and was wondering if anyone from the board knows anyplace local that offers classes and or training. I know most agency offer the care of equipment course but i am looking for the more advanced training that dive shops use for their techs......... any info would be greatly appreciated.
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
05-26-2004, 10:54 AM,
Re:drysuit\equipment repair
GUDC offers some advanced equipment repair classes. They used to offer regulator repair clinics also, I'm not sure if they still do that though.
05-26-2004, 11:32 AM,
Thanks for the info. I already go there regularly. Now i will just have to check out those classes you mentioned. 8)

Do they offer drysuit repair also?
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
05-26-2004, 11:46 AM,
When I took the Equipment class at GUDC, we did repairs on both wet and dry suits.
05-27-2004, 09:42 AM,
Aw heck - drysuit repair is easy!

Just lay in a good supply of bicycle tire repair kits, duct tape and aqua seal and you can fix dang near anything wrong with a drysuit ;D
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.
05-27-2004, 11:14 AM,
Yeah, I fixed my neck seal with duct tape last weekend out at Wazee and saved my weekend. Wink
05-27-2004, 12:18 PM,
Yep Smile

One of the guys over on WIScuba literally used a tube of aqua seal on a wrist that had blown out to save a weekend once too - it was pretty comical!
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.
05-27-2004, 01:40 PM,
The guys who I know that repair drysuits for a living HATE Aquaseal. They have other glues that work much better, without making everything as hard as a rock.

Once you Aquaseal a wrist seal on it makes it very difficult to change them out in the future.

I use normal wetsuit glue so it won't become too stiff.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
05-27-2004, 01:52 PM,
At the time, the guy wasn't going to be using his suit for much longer (it was Chris H) Smile