Remember me
Lost Password Register

Big Lake Diving
06-16-2004, 03:05 PM,
Big Lake Diving
Hello All,
I was looking for some feedback on why people were not diving on Charters this year. I have talked with several Charter Owners, and have been told that Charter diving on the Two Big Lakes is very very slow. Maybe funds are low, maybe people are gun shy as nobody has really had very good weather...or maybe time is an issue. What are all of your thoughts on the topic.

Be Well and Happy Diving
Deano
Oops Did I really say that?????
06-16-2004, 03:24 PM,
Re:Big Lake Diving
Time and Money.
altho I still plan to do a charter to reward my self when I finish my advanced diver cert this summer. I may even come your way and dive outof Milwalkee just to get away where work cant reach me ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
06-16-2004, 03:28 PM,
I've got three trips planned for Superior this summer ;D, but they are all later in the summer (end of July and through August).
06-16-2004, 10:39 PM,
It feels like it has been raining every other day around here. Memorial weekend weather was a bust. Maybe everyone is spending money on new gear instead of charters.
--Jason
06-17-2004, 09:06 AM,
I wonder if 'Charter Boats' could be listed in the 'Diveshops' categories? Or perhaps a seperate category could be started? I don't know how many charters are out there, but I'd like to know.

BTW - I've four charter trips scheduled for this year. And I've been eyeballin' Lk. Michigan . . . Wink
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
06-17-2004, 10:24 AM,

If you eye ballin milwalkee this fall mabey we can share a ride.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
06-17-2004, 10:40 AM,

Sounds good to me. Maybe we can find a few interested MNSCUBA folks and have the whole boat to ourselves. Let's discuss further @ Sat. morn Lk. Mtka. clean-up dive.

Capt. Dean - do you run charters late Sept.?
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
06-17-2004, 10:46 AM,
Lonnie and I did Milwaukee last Oct and plan to make it an annual trip. I'll probably go in Aug/Sept this year. Anyone is welcome to join. The diving is very good.
--Jason
06-17-2004, 11:40 AM,
Definately. The Milwaukee area wrecks are great dives. I'd like to get back this fall. By far my best dives to date though I've still yet to dive in the ocean. :Smile
06-17-2004, 12:47 PM,
Len-Der charters runs trips out on Lake Michigan all year round- yes we can break ice. 8)

August is the best month to dive as the water is the warmest and the seas are the calmest. We still have warm(ish) water through October.

Wrecks range from 10'- 280'+. Vis ranges form 20'- 85' depending upon the season. Water temps go from 35 degrees up to 74 degrees. In August we even get water temps of 68 dgerees down at 110' when the winds are right. ;D

Captain Jerry Guyer can be reached at: 414-588-6764.
&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin