Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee June 26th-27th ...
06-25-2004, 06:22 AM,
Re:Wazee June 26th-27th ...
Jean, this is sounding better & better (depending on what's happening for my youngest this weekend). Refresh my memory - which major metropolis is Lake Wazee near in WI? Once I find out, I'll put the old LHS in gear early in the morning and head east. I really don't feel like camping either, I like camping when I don't have to do the work, tee-hee.

Thanks, Sue
06-25-2004, 07:11 AM,

Sue:
Take I-94 East into Wisconsin (Hudson). Go east to Black River Falls , Wisconsin. It's exit 116 (2nd Hudson exit).
Take a left at the top of the exit ramp. Go over I-94. (Heading north). Wazee Sports is on the left side of the road about a mile down. You can stop in there and get directions to the lake site !!!

See ya there...!

Jean

P.S. I am hoteling it Saturday night.
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-25-2004, 08:28 AM,
Sue. here's several maps to give an idea:
Cold and dark down there huh?
06-25-2004, 03:02 PM,
Alright, Jean, you talked me into it. I'll be there Saturday morning as well around 10-11am.
I might even consider a carpool if anyone else finds the long drive too boring. heh.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
06-25-2004, 03:13 PM,
How about Sunday, anybody diving & what time? I can't get away on Saturday Sad

Dan
06-25-2004, 04:37 PM,
I got the shaft and have to work so I won't be making it out there Saturday. I'd get out there too late and need to be back on Sunday. >SadHopefully I can find a buddy to dive out of town next weekend.
06-25-2004, 10:22 PM,

Dan:
I will be there Sunday Morning...Just drive around and look for us...!!!
How about 10 AM at the campgrounds?

Jean

P.S. Sorry Lonnie...I wish you could have made it !!! :'(
06-26-2004, 06:11 PM,
Hey Jean, I think I saw you this morning, were you at the boat ramp? I got there a little late and it looked like you were ready to jump in by the time I got there. I sat around and got some sun, and it looks like you were having a long bottom time with your dual set-up. I figured that you'd need a long surface interval after that, so I went to another part of the lake and just asked some people if I could get a dive in with them. I was standing down at the base of the boat ramp when you got in, wearing a blue tank top if you saw me....i think it was you anyway. Next time I'll at least know who I'm looking for if I'm trying to find you.
06-27-2004, 06:21 PM,

Yes , that was me !!! Chad and I did about an hour dive there (in the pine forest). Sorry you missed us. :'(
I always dive my "baby" doubles now so don't let that stop you next time !

Hey , it was a wonderful Saturday at Wazee , except for the flying vultures (Mosquitoes were terrible)!
But my thanks to Chad for being a great buddy! ;D
The viz was pretty good (except between the thermos...25ft and 50 ft)

Thanks to Scott and Traci for the WONDERFUL BROWNIES !

And of course , Thanks DanL !!!! Wink

Thanks to SD&T and Air-Down-There for a wonderful weekend of diving !!!

Jean Smile

P.S. My congrats to both DanO and DanG!!!
You know the reason's why !!! Wink
06-27-2004, 07:01 PM,
Darn, you should have said something. I don't think Jean nor I are ever in a hurry. hehe.
Did anyone else make it that couldn't find us?
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"