Remember me
Lost Password Register

How Stupid Would This Be?
08-23-2004, 08:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2004, 08:49 AM by LKunze.)
Re:How Stupid Would This Be?
Awesome. Sounds like a great place for scavenger hunt dives. What was the viz like?
08-23-2004, 06:56 PM,
Re:How Stupid Would This Be?
How was the visibility: The water was coffee colored but I could see about 15 feet. It was a nice sunny day. In the tail race of the small rapids, the bottom was scoured clean. Nice gravel and some HUGE boulders. One was about five feet tall. It gave me a good landmark for my search pattern though. Outside the tail race area there was a fine silt layer that was easily stirred up into a black cloud. I made a trip up to the the canoe with some stuff and on the way back down, I was shining my light strait down so I could see the bottom approaching. All of a sudden my light hit the bottom. I guess that was zero vizibility. After a few minutes though the current would clear out the haze. I'd like to do a similar dive next summer, but I'll make sure I have some other divers with me. I did not see any historical artifacts on the bottom.
Sincerely,
Eino Maki