Remember me
Lost Password Register

July 25-27 Crosby Dive Trip
07-18-2002, 05:22 AM,
Re: July 25-27 Crosby Dive Trip
I regret to say, I will be unable to make it. I kinda made a little mistake on the budget, things are a little tight now and I was never able to pick up the backplate system as I had hoped.<br><br>I'll be back in the game soon though!
07-18-2002, 06:02 AM,
DanL and anyone else getting to Crosby, <br><br>We'll be there.  Livin' in a tent somewhere.  I think we can be there Friday to get setup. I'm planning on checking out Hopkins but will visit Louise too.  It might depend on what the campsites look like as far as where we're at.  I know the sites at Louise looked nice... maybe the one by the swing.  Don't know what's over at Hopkins.  If you see a  Ford Explorer with FREEDVR plates on it... stop and visit, and introduce yourself!<br><br>Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-18-2002, 04:42 PM,
Fred,<br>I will be travelling up to Crosby on Friday afternoon/evening, depending on what time I can leave work. I intend to camp out between the Mahnomen lakes, 1&2.<br>Hope to see you then.<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
07-18-2002, 05:08 PM,
Fred, Mark,<br>I'm heading up Friday early PM.  As far as I know, all our Rescue Diver work is at Louise.<br>My wife and daughter are also going, so we're staying at the Lakeview Inn in Crosby.<br>I'll be looking for you.<br>Dan
Dan L
07-18-2002, 06:18 PM,
Hey Dan, silly question perhaps, but how much is a room at the Lakeview Inn in Crosby?
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
07-19-2002, 04:02 AM,
From my last experiance at the Lakeview, they have 25 rooms, the non-smoking side has the lake view. Not a bad place to crash out for the night :-)<br>Mark
07-19-2002, 12:33 PM,
Prices are from about 40 to 65.  I stay in a single on the road side (vs lakeside) and it's pretty cheap.<br>They are getting pretty busy.  Call right away if you need a room.<br>Here's a link:  
Dan L
07-19-2002, 01:05 PM,
Checked my schedule...I have both days off from the Twins.<br>So get ready...The Crazy Blonde will be there....<br>Just let me know where you will be Sat Morning...And watch me get lost again<br>(Took me 45 Minutes to find Louise the last time I was up there)<br><br>Thanks...Jean<br><br> ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
07-21-2002, 04:52 AM,
Guys,<br>Fantasea Scuba will be doing checkout dives at Louis on Saturday and Sunday, so it might be a little crowded.<br><br>Jean, Jerry and I are planning to campout Friday evening in between Mahnomen (spellling) I & II and you are more than welcome to join us on Saturday. Any idea what time you will be there and do you know how to get there?<br><br>Fred, Where will you be staying or are you camping out also?<br><br>Mark
07-21-2002, 07:19 PM,
Mark,<br>Our plans are to get there sometime early Fri. afternoon and setup a tent.  Not sure where just yet.. thought I would try to find a good site when I get there.  If we get out of here around noon, we'd be there somewhere around 3:00.    It'll be my wife and I and it sounds like a friend that I dove with yesterday may try to get there on Saturday.<br> <br>'Course, if the weather turns bad the wifey ain't goin' for the tent you know, then we'll be looking for a room.<br><br>Fred<br>
Cold and dark down there huh?