Remember me
Lost Password Register

July 25-27 Crosby Dive Trip
07-23-2002, 01:35 PM,
Re: July 25-27 Crosby Dive Trip
Is there somebody I can contact who is going to dive Crosby Saturday morning?  I will be in transit to Brainerd, but I would like to get a couple of dives Saturday morning before heading to Brainerd.  I have never dove Crosby and would like to meet up with a group or individual Saturday morning somewhere near Crosby, so I can have a dive buddy.  Let me know if anyone is available.
07-25-2002, 11:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2002, 04:35 PM by lbosard.)
Re:July 25-27 Crosby Dive Trip
the Fantasea scuba classes for crosby this weekend were cancelled, so there won't be as many at louise. Because of that I've got nothing to do and am looking to hook up with people for some dives at louise on Saturday and Sunday. 27/28 Jul. :Smile

PS - I'll be driving an old light blue ford tempo!! I just have to figure out how to fit my stuff in it. (be glad when the van is out of the shop!)
Life without challenges, danger or excitement is a waste of oxygen!
07-26-2002, 06:37 AM,
Guys,<br>I will be travelling up there on this evening with Jerry. We will be camping out in between Mahnomen I and II, on the north side. Jean is coming up on Saturday morning and I am looking to meet her at the Lakeview Hotel at about 8am (if I can get up that is) Jean, if you read this, ignore what I just said ok ;D<br>if you want to call me my cell number is 612-963-2363.<br>Thanks.<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
07-26-2002, 08:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-03-2006, 12:20 PM by freedivernd.)
Hey all going to Crosby,

since the check out dives were cancelled I checked to see if any no smoking rooms became available at the Lakeview and one was, so... my wife is happier, I got a room there.  Guess we won't be pitching tent after all.  Maybe meet some of you board members there.  We should be checking in by 4:00 today and then planning on doing some swimming/snorkeling/freediving later.  Planning some "kinda serious" freediving on sat. a.m. and a tank dive sat. afternoon.

Here's a phone number if a get together of board members gets planned and no one has found us yet.. I'd appreciate a call. cell  701-430-1590
Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-26-2002, 09:20 AM,
Mark, I'm thinking about joining you guys tonight. I'll give you a call on the cell if I can make it.
--Jason
07-26-2002, 10:25 AM,
Jason,<br>Would love to see you there Smile
07-26-2002, 01:04 PM,
I'll be doing the dive from home mentally... I just have to get my imaginary extra tank filled and I'll be all set. You all have a great time, wish I was going.
07-26-2002, 02:58 PM,
Well Chris And I can buddy up.<br><br>I think I dive with an imaginary rebreather (after I do some inaginary training tonoght)
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
07-29-2002, 02:04 PM,
Guysngals,<br>Thanks for a great weekend -)<br>Jean, shame you had to leave early, call me so I can return your tank OK.<br>Jason n Fred, Great night diving with you guys. Strange to see Fred zipping through the water as fast as the fish go, but then with 20 foot long fins what do you expect -)<br>Larry, was a pleasure meeting you and fun diving, just a shame you couldn't make the dive on Sunday :-[<br>Jerry, as always, nice to see you again even though you are not a morning person LOL. But I am guessing my pancakes had something to do with that, or were you just off gassing again ;D<br>I am looking forward to Wazee in 2 weeks.<br><br>DanL, Was a shame we missed you. I would love to hook up with you and Bill again. I feel that you guys have a lot I can learn.<br>Mark
07-29-2002, 04:27 PM,
Mark,<br>Sorry we missed you, too. Bill and I were tied up with our courses the whole time we were there. Didn't finish til after 2 on Sunday and had to hightail it back to get home.<br>We met Fred on Fri and saw him in the middle of that miserable rain on Sat. How did the free dives go? Did Dan Solo show up to dive w/Fred?<br>Got your phone message, but too late. My phone doesn't work til I get into Brainerd.<br>I might be able to dive this Sunday, 8/4, but doubt I'll go to Wazee - maybe Square or Perch.<br>Haven't checked much yet to see who is diving where. Any info?<br>Jerry, anxious to see you too - how are the clearing problems going?<br>Dan
Dan L