Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Pumpkin Carving
09-28-2005, 03:29 PM,
Underwater Pumpkin Carving
Mark your calendars now!

Going Under Dive Center will be sponsoring another underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest this year Saturday, October 22rd at Square Lake (Golden Acres Site).

We will meet for fun dives in the morning and competition will begin at 12:00 noon.  Each participant will need their own hollow pumpkin (take the guts out at home) and carving equipment.  Prizes will be awarded for a number of categories.

GUDC will be providing charcoal for grilling and Hot Apple Cider.

To reserve a spot email me at chuck@goingunder.net or call Going Under Dive Center at 763-424-8717  I hope to see all of you there!

Happy Halloween  >Big Grin
Don't believe the hype!
10-05-2005, 08:47 PM,
Re: Underwater Pumpkin Carving
I'm searching the net as we speak to find just the right costume and a picture for the winning pumkin
10-06-2005, 06:31 AM,
Chuck,

Can the pumpkings be marked out a head of time or does this need to be done underwater also?  Is there any time limitations besides the size of your tank?

10-06-2005, 09:46 AM,
Pumpkins must be cleaned out ahead of time, if you want to mark it with a template that is OK, but all actual carving must be done underwater  Wink

Divers are allowed to enter the water at 12:00 and are given 1 hour to carve.  An underwater recall system will sound at 12:45 for the 15 minute warning  Smile

All participants are requested to pre-register at GUDC ahead of time so that we will have enough refreshments to go around.  Last years top prizes were a Mosquito dive computer and an Aqualung regulator so don't miss out  8)
Don't believe the hype!
10-12-2005, 09:31 PM,
But how do I fallow up an evil Chuck pumpkin  :Smile
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
10-18-2005, 04:41 PM,
I loaded up the prize box for the Pumpkin Dive this Saturday...lots of neat stuff  ;D

Among the top prizes are a Mosquito Dive Computer, Apex regulator, Pony bottles, and a veritable cornicopia of other dive gear to make your head spin  8)

Remember you MUST pre-register so call GUDC to sign up!

Chuck Northrup
Going Under Dive Center
Don't believe the hype!
10-22-2005, 02:55 PM,
Exelent dives thanks for a fun morning dive
10-27-2005, 11:27 PM,
Thanks for the dive as well, Jim -- it was great to dive Square Lake for fun, instead of as a check out dive. What prize did you pick up from Air Down There's event?

Also, Chuck, when are those event photos going to show up on goingunder.net?  Wink
10-28-2005, 07:09 AM,
I won 3rd place. so I got a pack od care products including bc wash, zipper cleaner, aqua seal, defog, a mesh bag, and many other small items that I can't rember right now. and I beleve I am also getting a rolling gear bag as soon as it comes in  ;D
10-28-2005, 07:24 AM,
right, right, but what about from that little glowing skeleton we found that was leftover from the Air Down There event? There was a prize attached to it, right?