Remember me
Lost Password Register

Door County Aug 23 to 26
08-28-2002, 09:48 AM,
Door County Aug 23 to 26
The trip to Door County was great. The weather couldn't have been better. The lake was real calm and vis was around 25 feet on the Frank O'Conner which had tons of jumbo perch and thousands of bait fish, it was like swimming with silver sides in the carribean. Water temp was 65 degrees down to 70 feet. Our shore dive we planned was on the fleetwing and that was a great shallow dive. One of our divers went fishing and brought back 3 nice samon which we cooked up on the outdoor grill at the Shoreline Resort in Gills Rock. The wives shopped while we were out and picked up fresh corn and tiny red potatoes to have with the fish. A little red wine and 5 year old cheese made for an awsome Sunday evening dinner.
08-28-2002, 11:06 AM,
Re:Door County Aug 23 to 26
Wow...65 degrees down to 70 feet! That's awesome. Smile
08-28-2002, 03:28 PM,
Re:Door County Aug 23 to 26
Good report Rick. I'm lucky that my folks like in Sturgeon Bay so I get to travel there every Summer. I can't believe the water temp was that warm. I really enjoy the marine life on the Door County wrecks. I swam through a school of about fifty walleye on my last trip. I felt like I was in the ocean. Wink
--Jason