Remember me
Lost Password Register

Tight tank straps
06-13-2002, 06:11 AM,
Tight tank straps
I Use a SeaQuest BC. Occasionally the tank has come loose. I have run across a better procedure for tightening the tank than the one shown in the owners manual.<br>I. Wet the strap<br>2. remove the strap from the last cam buckle slot.<br>3 (Not in manual) While holding tension on the end of the strap work the buckle back and forth 3/4 of the way a couple times. This has a ratcheting effect on the strap that will get the tank much tighter.<br>4 put strap through the last slot and finish closing the buckle.<br>DSAO
Leon
06-13-2002, 06:42 AM,
Re: Tight tank straps
Other options<br><br>Get a piece of pretty solid ubber.  Cut it 3"x5".  Cut 2" slots at either end parallel to the 3" side.  Slip the ribbon onto the 2" strap.  Put the tank on and pull tight.  The ribber will provide grip against the tank and a bit of spring.<br><br>Get the cold dip plastisol for tool handles.  Coat part of the inside of the strap.  Same effect as above<br><br>Ditch the original straps and get either ScubaPro or Halcyon straps with the metal buckles.<br><br>Joel
06-13-2002, 06:48 AM,
Re: Tight tank straps
I was thinking of doing something similar with some bicycle innertubes. Cut a chunk out and slip it over the straps. Someone also suggested that the tank webbing covers give a good grip to the tank.
Leon