Remember me
Lost Password Register

Freediving ... Crosby...  give it a try, huh?
07-15-2002, 06:09 PM,
Freediving ... Crosby...  give it a try, huh?
Mark Needham and Dan_Solo.. I know in previous posts you said you would join me in some freediving (or offer some support) if I get someplace at the same time as you folks.  I've got the 26th and some of the 27th of July open so I should be able to get to Crosby.  I know DanL and some others are planning their AOW that weekend so maybe I can meet some more of the folks that are on the board here.<br>Because of DCS, the deep freediving has to be done BEFORE any scuba diving.  If you are interested in learning some basics to work on until the 26th you can e-mail me and I'll be glad to share.  Mainly it's an equalizing issue, that's the one thing that restricts many from being able to freedive to depths.  It's not quite the same as with a bottle on your back. If anyone else is interested in doing some serious or NOT SO SERIOUS Smile Smile freediving or just tagging along it's always fun just to be in the water. So... COME ON!  MEET ME FOR SOME FREEDIVING.<br><br>Fred Johnson   e-mail:  freedivernd@netscape.net
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-16-2002, 08:24 AM,
Re: Freediving ... Crosby...  give it a try, huh?
Its ok, what I use to do with my roommates, we would don our drysuits, free dive down to a diver at 50ft or so, inflate the dry suit and shoot up like a rocket. This was DONE off of 1 breathe, no leeching off the tank u/w. Also we made sure this was the 1st thing we did for the weekend, so any chance of dcs was nill.<br><br>Our idea of fun was seeing who could breech the water the most.