Remember me
Lost Password Register

dive get togeather
07-24-2004, 10:15 AM,
dive get togeather
I was wondering about setting up a MN scuba dive event. There are alot of people out there who I know only by there screen names and thought it would be nice to be able to put more faces with the names. Would others be intrested in an event like that?
07-25-2004, 09:44 AM,
Re:dive get togeather
What a great idea! Could be a simple dive day somewhere or we could go all-the-way and have a special event. Could plan to have food, lost equipment return, used equipment sale/exchange, MNScuba gear sale, picture exhibit, etc etc.
Would be cool to have name tags 'cause I forget names.
Maybe date could be chosen by a poll. Committee to organize might be necessary, too.
Dan L
07-25-2004, 01:56 PM,
Sounds like a great idea. Maybe have it at a park, potluck? Maybe make it a family event...

Any volunteers for putting it together?
07-25-2004, 05:31 PM,
I would be willing to help.
I think the pot luck thing sounds like a good idea.
Perhaps we could have it at Perch Lake?
I was just thinking because the vis is good and the place is free to get into. Perhaps others would prefer a diffrent lake? We could take a pole and see where whose who would go would prefer.
07-26-2004, 10:51 AM,
Well , OK...(I'll bite on it...)
I can stick my fin in my big mouth and try to get some of the logistics done on this. (I think it would be fun to meet everyone that could make it)

Maybe some local LDS's would like to get into the fun too.
If there is enough interest , I will open a new thread here with a poll on location etc...

Let's hear some more ideas... Wink
Does it have to be near water? (Any diving activities involved -or- just a gathering? etc...)
Pot luck? (probably)

1st annual MNSCUBA.COM dive group gathering!!!
Sounds good to me.

Jean Smile

How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
07-26-2004, 02:22 PM,
Most will probably not be with me on this, but I'll give my input. I'm thinking this one would be more of a social get together (non-diving).

Maybe a lunch at a park, something to that effect.