Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Buddy List
07-06-2004, 11:56 AM,
Re:Dive Buddy List
Minkgrrl,

Welcome to the Twin Cities!

I'm sure most of the people one the board would be more than willing to dive with a beginner.

Sounds like there will be groups of people at both Wazee and Crosby this weekend. Other than Superior these are (in my opinion) the best two local spots to dive.

If you're interested, post to one of the threads under diving get togethers (July 11th Wazee or July 11th Crosby) and you can get the particulars (directions, conditions, etc.).
07-19-2004, 01:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-19-2004, 01:01 PM by Justin Phillips.)
Name: Justin Phillips
Certification: Sorry just normal old OW right now Sad
Number of Dives: 7

I just recently got certified and also just recently moved out here from the San Francisco Bay Area. I am available to go diving (and would love to) every weekend.
08-10-2004, 12:04 PM,
Hello to all....

I am a new diver... well certified last summer and finally have acquired all my own equipment and want to do some diving this summer and into fall.... I am looking for some new dive buddy's that are willing to bear with an inexperienced diver and lend a hand at gaining some experience... I guess we can't learn if we never try right... I have a fairly flexible scedule and am willing to dive just about anywhere... though I'm from the Wabasha area... so something not too terribly far from home would be nice... but like I said I'm flexible...
Kristen... Smile
08-10-2004, 05:37 PM,
Hello, my name is Bart and I'm looking for a dive buddy. I live in Blaine, Mn. I'm AOW w/nitrox. I have little to no fresh water diving experence (35SW & 3FW). looking to dive soon.
BC Hughes
08-30-2004, 11:49 PM,
HI everyone,
I'm new to diving, just recently certified on black rock off of maui. I would love to learn more about diving clubs and how one goes about getting together with others for dives, renting equipment, etc (yes i still don't own Sad I'm also interested in diving medicine as this is a fellowship i plan to pursue in the future. Any suggestions on getting started would be greatly appeciated!

Joe
08-31-2004, 07:57 PM,
In what area of MN are you looking to get into a dive club?
09-13-2004, 01:47 PM,
Name: Mike Berger
Certification: SSI DiveCon, Nitrox, deep, wreck
Number of Dives: 150+
email: northwoods@addressisp.com, mberger@namginc.com

Moved here from Key West, FL. If anyone needs Fl keys info, I'd be happy to share.
10-11-2004, 11:12 AM,
Although we don't have an "official" dive club, we have a great group of divers who dive w/ us locally and non-locally throughout the year. In the spring/summer/fall, we dive every Wednesday at Square Lake in Stillwater and almost every week we're at Lake Wazee or Superior diving and camping. It's a great way to get into local diving and meet a bunch of people who dive locally on a consistent basis. Check us out at
Scuba Dive and Travel<br />4423 Nicollet Ave. So.<br />Minneapolis, MN 55419<br />612-823-7210<br />www.scubadiveandtravel.com<br />scubadivetravel@qwestoffice.net
10-11-2004, 06:28 PM,
We have a dive club, it's called the Inland Divers Vintage Dive Club. We dive with old double hose regulators from the 1950's and 1960's. We are located in the Twin Cities area. No dues or fees, only diving the way it used to be.
10-12-2004, 11:48 AM,

Could you tell us more about your dive club? Do you rent or loan double hose regulators? Do you utilitize other 50's & 60's equipment? Etc. The Inland Divers Vintage Dive Club sounds fun! Oh yeah, do you have a website?

Perhaps this may evolve into a seperate thread . . .
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy