Remember me
Lost Password Register

New Shipwreck Lk. Superior
08-03-2004, 02:30 PM,
New Shipwreck Lk. Superior
WinkCongratulations to Ken Merryman and Robert Olson for being the first divers to visit the newly located shipwreck near Duluth, MN at a depth of over 300 feet. Three dives were conducted to assess the wrecks condition and video the discovery. The wreck is in incredibly good condition and rest on an even keel. Both divers were wearing Inspiration closed circuit rebreathers and drysuit heaters.

The location of the ship was a joint effort from Jerry Eliason, Craig Smith, Randy Beebe, and Ken Merryman . These fellows spent endless hours on the lake with side scan sonar to find this and other wrecks. A special note of thanks to the support people who helped crew the boat and handle underwater cameras, etc. Jerry Eliason, Jay Cole, Ron Johnson, Bob Nelson, Ken Knutson,

Stay tuned for more detailed information on the dives and the condition of the shipwreck.
Start with training, continue with adventures.
03-31-2006, 06:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2007, 11:35 PM by MAXFACTOR.)
Re: New Shipwreck Lk. Superior
hI FELLOW DIVERS.

I realize this post is over 2 years old, but I haven't been able to figure out the name of the boat.  I am not yet qualified to dive that deep, but I hope to someday be able to join.......    the   few.........   the   proud ..............and........... the deep divers. 

I just signed up for some advanced nitrox and deco dive classes at a shop  and hope to get into a rebreather class this year. 

Thanks for your help in the name  who ever answers this.
MAXFACTOR
03-31-2006, 07:14 PM,
Benjamin Noble
03-31-2006, 08:04 PM,
MAXFACTOR
You can check out the wreck on Ken's website at
03-31-2006, 08:09 PM,
MAXFACTOR
After rereading the post and looking at the date I realised that this post was about the Thomas Friant.
You can see this one at
04-02-2006, 08:26 PM,
lotsofgadgets:  and  CCR    thanks for the name.  Too deep for me to see in person at this point,  but I hope to be a deep diver tech diver by next year.

Thanks for the links and pictures.  I thank you again.

MaxFactor