Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Report
05-25-2006, 06:53 AM,
Re: Crosby Report

Unfortunately, a verifyable case of mistaken identity. I've haven't been to Louise yet. I do look forward to it though.
05-25-2006, 09:50 AM,
OK, so who else will be in the Crosby area this weekend (27th - 29th)?  I'm hoping to make enough room in the truck for the gear and maybe sneak out for a dive or two sometime during the weekend.  I'll be in Fifty Lakes, so the 25mi jaunt to Crosby is no problem.  I'm not sure what is on my ToDo list until I get up there, so I don't really know when would work best for me to dive.  I could be talked into an evening or night dive or just something during the day. 

Jon
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
05-25-2006, 09:08 PM,
I will be up there sat and sun.  Might stay monday if I have a buddy.  Hope to be camping in portsmouth campground.  look for white 95 grand prix
05-26-2006, 06:59 AM,
guess I should have checked the thread before sending the PM!  If my friend and her daughter drive themselves up I'll have a little more flexibility for Monday.  I'll try to post again this afternoon if I get word on that before I leave work.
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
05-26-2006, 09:39 AM,
Brett (Spitfire_er) and I were thinking about being out there Sunday and Monday. We're not sure which pits or anything yet, but chances are we'll be camping there at portsmouth.

Kevin
05-26-2006, 10:34 AM,
If anybody sees a silver Nissan crew cab with a blond haired red bearded driver cruising the campground, flag me down - I probably could use a dive buddy!

(although I have been known to dive solo - shhh! don't tell PADI...)
05-27-2006, 04:07 PM,
I was debating heading up there this weekend, but all my contacts fell through.  I guess if there are people around the campground I'll head up on Sunday.

I'd feel more comfortable if someone PM's me before then.
---------------------------------<br />Have tank, will travel.
05-28-2006, 09:06 PM,
Crosby on Sunday 5-28...Beautiful, hot on the outside, cold on the inside!  Forgot my gloves on the shore and froze my fingers, but they're back to normal now!
Thanks Hunterc and tim for a fun afternoon.  WTDRM I hope you two had a good time in Hopkins pit.  Kirk, it was good to see you again too.
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
05-29-2006, 08:17 PM,
sorry  I missed all the divers that were at crosby on sunday.. would have liked to have met you all... I did have the fortune at lake louise to see Tim again, been a few years.. and he mentioned diverqueen had been there with the family while we were out in the water ... I thought I saw some young'un on shore with a mini wetsuit on.. and must have been part of the family.
Next time!

Roland and I spent about 3-4 hours in louise, vis was great for the most part.. then we went to portsmouth for a couple more hours, vis there wasn't so good but we did see at least a few fish and I got some good pics and vids of the trees & fish.. I'll post a link over in the freediving section to vids and maybe a bit about our freediving forays..
fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
05-29-2006, 08:32 PM,
Boy, I guess I should have walked around the campground and talked with people.  I know there were divers camped out over on the east side of the campground....now I'm wondering if it was some of you that already posted.

Well, my AOW went great.  Was very cool swimming around, over, and under the trees in Portsmouth.  Viz was OK too, had something like 15-20 feet....and for our deep dive (79 feet) had around 30 feet.  had to ask our instructor what he thought of viz...I'm not great at calculating distance like that....and when I think about maybe counting fin kicks to get an idea, it's usually after the fact.  LOL

On our night dive got to see a number of small northern hanging out, had one just zip through us too...must have been around 3' or so.  Bunch of bass, etc....and one big walleye just before we got out of the water by the swimming beach.  Also kept ya on your toes....those trees come out of nowhere at night!  ;D

As we were getting ready for our descent for the deep dive, there were 4 Loons hanging out, and when we were coming up, around 8', we actually saw one of the loons swimming around.  At first glance, out of the corner of my eye, I thought it was a northern...but then saw it was a loon.

The class was fun, had a great time.....water was warm, after the first two dives with my core warmer I was finished burning up...water temp was in high 50's and mid 60's down to around 25-30'.  Was 41 down at 79 feet on our deep dive.

Had the opprotunity to dive with Tim today (Monday).  Was able to get two dives in over at Mahnomen 2, dropped to around 66' on first dive and 60' on second dive.  Viz was pretty good too.  Was a great dive....Thanks Tim!

Dropping over those walls are pretty cool.  Too bad it's a little over a 4 hour drive for me, would be great to dive them more over the summer.