Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ear problems
08-26-2005, 07:30 PM,
Re: Ear problems
Why deal with all them un-necessary drugs!!  Drugs are not acceptable in scuba diving, especially technical diving!! 

Why not avoid having water in the ears at all??  All dive shops have this device available and, is a sure cure for your ear problems. 

I know this because I have had the same problem myself and have done something about it.  I have owned this device for the last 22 years and have worn out several of them in my 29 years of diving.  I would have had to give up diving without it!!!  The device I am referring to is called the, "SCUBA QUEEN".  This device was designed by Dr David Boyd from Global Manufacturing. 

The features provided for this device are:

1-No water in ears at all, unless you have very thick hair.

2-Makes clearing your ears a dream, as easy as clearing them while flying or, on the surface.

3-No bacteria getting into both the inner and outer ears.

4-No need to know if your eustachian tube is too small, to big or, that it is draining properly.

5-Infections are virtually non existent

6-It is attached to your hood, no extra piece of equipment.

A few disadvantages are:

1-It some times gets to be a hassel explaining to other divers on the dive with you, what it is.

2-A slight modification to your mask is required.

3-Cosmetically does not look good, (you will not win any beauty contests with it).

4-Can leak a little if not both installed in hood correctly or, when hood is pulled over your head before diving.  Which will be learned by experience.

I have tried a few other devices over the years including the Dr Pro plugs and none of them would work for me better than the "SCUBA QUEEN". 

The Doc Pro Plugs are ok for shallower and warmer waters but, not for cold and deep diving.  When trying the "Doc's Pro Plugs" I incountered a problem with the tiny vent hole being plugged or sealed off when the hood I was wearing started pushing into the ear hole.  I had to call the dive!

I found that the "SCUBA QUEEN" has worked very well for me over the years and I am sure it will work for you.  I have not had a single ear infection from diving and have not had to use a single drug or bacteria killer for 22 years.  How about that for a testimony!!

I can give you more information if you like, for I am the master at ear problems!!  Try it, you may like it!

Good luck and Safe Diving,

PJK

Safe Diving<br />PJK
08-26-2005, 08:38 PM,
Quite the "Rube Goldberg" contraption.

Attached Files
.jpg   scubaqueen2.jpg (Size: 14.85 KB / Downloads: 325)
.jpg   scubaqueen1.jpg (Size: 15.74 KB / Downloads: 324)
.jpg_thumb   scubaqueen2.jpg_thumb (Size: 25.07 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   scubaqueen1.jpg_thumb (Size: 26.43 KB / Downloads: 0)
Jeff
09-02-2005, 03:38 PM,
Once again thanks for all the responces on the ear problems.  A little update and a warning to others.  Please use ear drops or something.  After being on oral medication and antibiotic ear drops for 7 days the pain had pretty much gone away, but hearing was still bad.  3 days later, the pain came back big time.  Went to the Dr. again today and got 2 new prescriptions after having ears scraped and flushed.  End result....$95.00 in copays, two throbbing ears and trying to type this post with my head cocked at a ridiculous angle to keep drops from running onto keyboard.  I just hope this clears up in time for Wazee in two weeks.
09-18-2005, 08:14 AM,
Try putting Baby Oil in your ear before you dive, it works for me.