Remember me
Lost Password Register

Mangan.. need info from you Crosby exprts
08-13-2004, 11:53 AM,
Mangan.. need info from you Crosby exprts
I'm potentially getting to crosby this weekend and I'm wondering about the layout of Mangan... where pbarracuda and nwdivers are doing there treasure hunt.. mainly.. are there any sunken platforms, boats, stuff, etc. and are there any bouys marking any of the stuff? Although I have been too busy to train lately I'm thinking it might be a good weekend to push the numbers and I'm looking for something in the 120' range or so.... mainly to get Jon goin' but that's another story Wink
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-13-2004, 12:22 PM,
Re:Mangan.. need info from you Crosby exprts
Fred, Jason and I are heading to Crosby or Wazee this weekend. Haven't decided yet which one but you might want to try Huntington. There's a Ford Ranger pickup truck at 110' with good viz. Most of the other pits I've tried at Crosby turn black past 100' and have a nasty sulfur layer. If we're up there maybe we can hook up and show you where the truck is. I'm assuming it's still there. We dove it at least 3 times last summer and it's kind of a neat dive. Smile

08-13-2004, 02:41 PM,
Thanks for thinking of me Fred. Wink

I was hoping to get out on the carferry MILWAUKEE again this last week and try and hit 120', but the weather didn't pan out. :'(

Now I'm up north for a week with the family, and some freinds, but the deepest lake in the chain is only 63'.

Maybe we can meet up at Wazee yet this fall and both push some numbers? ???

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
08-13-2004, 08:12 PM,
Lonnie, I remember talk of the truck last year, but I never found out where it was. that would be a good one to get a line set to especially if the vis is good. As far as turning black past 100'.. been there, done that of course but usually somewhere between 40' and 70'... dark is dark.. still need practice in that too. if crosby turns out for me I'll look for you. sounds like mnlakediver may be up there already.

Jon, I feel for ya stuck at -63'.. just doesn't quite cut it anymore does it. Unless it's dark Tongue... that's always interesting.
Fred
08-14-2004, 08:50 PM,
Fred, we didn't see you out there today. It was great day of diving. Jason and I dove over at Huntington and we were the only ones over there. All of the other sites we checked out were packed. We couldn't find the truck. It must have been removed because I don't see how we could've missed it. It used to be real easy to find. The viz was excellent. Looking up I could clearly see the ripples on the surface from 50 feet down.
08-15-2004, 06:18 AM,
yeah shoot! I ended up working on the house all day and evening.. had more to do than I thought. Sad We pour the basement walls monday noon so have to be ready..building the house seems to be taking priority. looks like today I'm going to take off for the D.L. area and get in a snorkel.. then I have to pick up stuff for the house in Fargo this afternoon and back to work on the house this evening. It's one of these insulated concrete homes with the styrofoam blocks and I'm pretty much doing all the work along with 2 others I've hired. Just have a lot of piddly but important things left to do. Sounds like I missed out on good water... I know I did! Maybe when I get further along on the house or get days of rain I can get away from here and hook up with you guys another time.