Remember me
Lost Password Register

Have an in
08-29-2004, 11:27 PM,
Re:Have an in
I'm interested as well. I have no freshwater experience, but this sounds like something that would be worth seeing.

I live in Inver Grove Hts. I started diving in 2001. I have 36 saltwater dives.

Mark
09-07-2004, 03:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2004, 03:17 PM by chbrown2.)
'Hope interest hasn't died on a trip to Green Lake. How about weekend of Sept. 18th? I may have a boat available, that is if my father-in-law hasn't taken his out of the lake yet (he has a cabin on the lake - how convenient or what?). 'Also have a hand held GPS - so coordinates would be nice to have if you don't mind sharing.
09-07-2004, 09:45 PM,
I'd like to go, I'll see if the 18th would work.
-Matt
09-14-2004, 07:13 AM,
Is this thing going to happen?
-Matt
09-14-2004, 09:05 PM,
Interest hasn't died but with coming back from a week on the Nautalus Explore to find out my daughter and family lost their home due to Huricane Frances my priorties have to shift a little. Hoping to do it before the ice comes I'll stay in touch
09-20-2004, 08:27 AM,
Well, a friend of mine and myself took the zodiac, GPS, and scooters out to Green lake on Saturday. Due to a late start and a few problems with the GPS/depth sounder, we didn't get into the water until around 5pm.

Since we didn't have the GPS coordinates of the plane, we took the advice of a few locals and the advertised depth of the plane and dropped ancor in 35ffw about 1/2 mile south west from the Old Mill. After 26 minutes of scootering in 35ffw of water, we only saw a couple of rocks :-( The fact is, there is an aweful lot of 35f of water out there :-) We would have dove longer but we had to get back to MPLS for a party. Even though we came up empty, the dive was a lot of fun.

Visibility was around 8-10 feet. Water temp was nice and warm (around 69 IIRC). There was a good wind all day so white caps were in abundance. In case you haven't been to Green lake, it's big ... 5500 acres I think, and has some nice wind. So the hunting can be a little challenging in a small boat like my 12.5 foot zodiac.

I have the waypoints of where we searched so we can move to another area next time. If anyone has and wants to share the GPS coordinates of the plane, that would be appreciated. I'm going back out in two weeks for another go at it. I will have my sonar rigged properly next time so we can hopefully see it from the surface prior to the dive :-) If we get the coords, I'll post 'em.

The goal of this dive is to get a ton of pictures and video but we have to get on the plane first :-)

Take care, dive safe.

05-04-2005, 12:51 PM,
Re: Have an in
Kind of late to this thread. Do you still have the coordinates to this plane? I would be interested in diving it. What is the viz like in green lake? If you want to email me off the board you can email me at stephenhamre@yahoo.com
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli