Remember me
Lost Password Register

Wazee Depths
08-16-2004, 10:23 AM,
Wazee Depths
I guess I could buy one of the maps and look, but since I don't have one, I'll just ask.

Was diving Wazee last weekend, and we turned around at our planned max depth of 260' at 12 minutes, we were descending at the time and it appeared that it kept getting deeper at a pretty good slope. How much deeper does it go before it levels off again, and how deep does the line go?
08-16-2004, 11:08 AM,
Re:Wazee Depths

I will assume you were on the North access...(?).
According to John Janzen's book..and I quote...

", with a steep rock fall leading to the ledge at 250 ft. After this , the bottom drops further , at less of an angle to the deep trench at 320 feet. This final drop appears from mine pit photographs to be an old road bed. The deep trench is fairly narrow having steep vertical sides about 20 feet high. "
(end quote)...

He says also the silt here (in the trench) is 1 to 2 feet thick laying on top of a rock and sand bottom.

Thanks...
Jean Smile

P.S. And of course , thanks to John Janzen and his wonderful book on Wazee, The Diver's Guide to Lake Wazee!!! Big Grin
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-16-2004, 11:52 AM,
Thanks for the info., guess I should just pick up a copy of the book, where do you get it?
08-16-2004, 12:01 PM,

I got mine personally from John himself. Actually SD&T has copies and I think other dive shops around the cities do too!!!
It has really nice maps for you tech divers btw...
(And us "shallow" people too!!! Wink )

Jean Smile
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-17-2004, 08:43 AM,
It is also sold at the entrance to Lk. Wazee (the sign-in shack).
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy