Remember me
Lost Password Register

Scuba Movies
08-23-2005, 06:13 PM,
Scuba Movies
There are two new scuba diving movies coming out and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting a group together and checking them out  ???

"The Cave" which looks like a underwater version of Alien comes out this Friday (but I will be out of town) so I was thinking about possibly the week after.  All of the divers in the film are on Megaladon CCR's (with a cosmetic shell)  Tongue

"Into the Deep" is coming out (I don't know when) and seems to be a glorified re-hash of "The Deep" which has the greatest opening seen ever  ;D  Thanks to Jacqueline Bisett's 'exposure' suit  Smile

Both seem a little low budget and a little bit corny, but hey it is scuba diving  Tongue

Any takers?

CN3
Don't believe the hype!
08-23-2005, 07:20 PM,
Re: Scuba Movies
What the heck.  I might be interested Chuck. >Big Grin
08-23-2005, 08:34 PM,
Anything diving is a good thing!!
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
08-24-2005, 12:15 PM,
That sounds fun. Anything is better than "open water" I think it is cool that rebreathers are finally starting to be shown in more and more movies. Perhaps this will educate people more about them. Well we can hope anyway.  ;D
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
08-25-2005, 09:52 AM,
Correction...the movie (coming out Sept 30) is "Into the Blue" not "Into the Deep"  I guess the stolen storyline confused me  :Smile

I am thinking of seeing "The Cave" sometime after Labor Day, could most likely make the premire for "Into the Blue"  Wink

By the way...this is not a GUDC only event...anyone who would like to come along is more than welcome!

CN3
Don't believe the hype!
08-25-2005, 11:20 AM,
Speaking of filming , I was doing my usual Wednesday night dive at the Ginnie Springs ballroom (cavern) and I noticed a lot of people starting to show up...Seems they are doing some underwater filming there in the cavern ... They would not tell what the name of the film will be though and when it would come out ...

But it has to do with 3 divers stuck in a sea cave somewhere...(Based on a true story)...

They didn't start filming till midnight so while all this insanity was going on around me , we went in a did a couple of cavern dives ...  ;D
(Of course , anything else would be er , just not right !!! )

Jean  Wink
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-26-2005, 07:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2005, 07:39 AM by scubadog76.)
[/quote]
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
09-08-2005, 09:32 AM,
A group of us went to see "The Cave" last night, all in all not a bad movie, probably one I will be adding to the DVD collection.

The plot line wasn't overly ambitious, but if you know what to expect going into it  you won't be dissapointed Wink

Wes Skiles and Jill Heinrith helped with the underwater scenes and they are very well done and worth the trip alone  Big Grin  The DIR crowd may find the caving a bit disturbing though, rebreathers, split fins, no wonder the  team ran into trouble  >Big Grin

The Meg's did get some pretty good face time, and the Inner Space logo was plastered over just about everthing.  I just need to get my hands on some of the teams lithium hydroxide scrubber inserts...apparently they have a 24 hour duration  :Smile

If anyone is interested in attending the premier of "Into the Blue" we should probably try to get some concrete plans together.  My vote would be for the AMC theater in Arbor Lakes (Maple Grove).  It is a nice theater with stadium seating, great sound, and it is 3 miles from my house  ;D

Let me know,

CN3
Don't believe the hype!
09-08-2005, 05:28 PM,
Count us in!!!
09-09-2005, 11:01 PM,
Saw "
The Cave"
tonight good flick.