Remember me
Lost Password Register

Beginner Diving in Cozumel
09-04-2004, 11:42 PM,
Re:Beginner Diving in Cozumel
Coz is great.
Try Apple Vacations - great internet deals on flight/hotel packages to Coz, and you actually deal with a local travel agency (I use Apple and then specify Carlson Wagonlit as the agent to make payment/get travel docs, etc)

Also agree that Liquid Blue is a great dive op. Long dives on steel 120's - very nice.

Here's a pic from the cigar store street just off the main square in San Miguel ("downtown Coz").

Attached Files
.jpg   Cigar-Alley-web.jpg (Size: 99.04 KB / Downloads: 119)
.jpg_thumb   Cigar-Alley-web.jpg_thumb (Size: 32.46 KB / Downloads: 0)
Dan L
02-28-2005, 07:32 PM,
Re: Beginner Diving in Cozumel
I will be doing my open water referral dives in Cozumel this April. Anybody have any opinions on a good dive shop to do that with??? How about doing dives after my certification??? I know I should do some with Liquid Blue, any others???

Thanks & Happy Diving,

Eric
03-17-2005, 09:01 AM,
Re: Beginner Diving in Cozumel
My girl friend and I were certified beginners when we journeyed to Cozumel a couple of years ago.  We stayed at the Coral Princess - the dive group at the Coral was excellent - they take newbies under wing - we dove with several other couples that had dove all over the world and they keep coming back to the Coral and that dive shop.  We were in town several times and observed "packed" boats going out from the main pier and we never experienced that - thank goodness.

There isn't a natural beach at the Coral P. but very nice pool and a man-made beach there.  You can snorkle right from shore and see many varieties of fish - heck I was able to snorkle next to a big ray several times.  There is quite a current out a bit from shore so you need to be careful.

The part I enjoyed the most at the Coral P. is you can watch the cruise ships come and go a mile or so out from the hotel - which is magnificent at night.

I've been to several Caribbean locales now and definitely will go back to Cozumel next year - planning on talking one of our friends out of a week at the new Palace on Coz.

Enjoy your trip!!  Sue