Remember me
Lost Password Register

Where did you dive this weekend?
07-01-2002, 09:10 AM,
Where did you dive this weekend?
<br>Hey everybody, where did you dive this weekend?  Location, dive sites, conditions, fish...<br><br>I was at Little Long Lake on Saturday with Smith Diving and Lake Ore-Be-Gone (Gilbert Pit) with GP on Sunday.  I'll post a Gilbert trip report this afternoon.<br><br>
--Jason
07-01-2002, 07:41 PM,
Re: Where did you dive this weekend?
Not to close to home but it was a great experience... Victor Crossing off the Bitterroot River south of Missoula, Mt.  They've had a lot of rain so the river was pretty rapid, a great drift dive!!!  Where the water slowed at the bends vis was about 5' and depth was about 5' max, a lot of times in the rapids it was only 1' deep.  Saw lots of trout - different kinds, not many big ones though.  Also dove in an old gravel pit by the cabin we stayed in.  Vis was 13' (same as max depth), lots of weeds, a few trout, one huge rainbow trout, and lots of suckers where the underground springs fed the pit. Biggest tadpoles and bullfrogs I'd ever seen.  Oh yea, one golf ball too.<br><br>Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-02-2002, 04:39 PM,
Re: Where did you dive this weekend?
Hey Jason, I did a couple lakes near Oshkosh.  Went with my friend Mark and his brother.  The lakes were out in the sticks.  Had good vis at the first lake. About 15 feet.  Saw a lot of fish ( crappies, sunfish, bullhead, northern ,LM bass, and perch) and plant life.<br>The other lake had even better visabilty. About 20 feet,saw the same type of fish and also a few giant carp.   <br>The water was so warm we went without hood and gloves.  AHHHH freedom.
GO DIVING!