Remember me
Lost Password Register

Okoboji Boat Dives
07-23-2002, 05:41 PM,
Okoboji Boat Dives
Greetings,<br><br>Today (July23) I had the opportunity to boat dive twice at Okoboji.  Even though West Okoboji is my favorite lake in the Upper Midwest, never had the chance to dive it during late July (until today).  I avoided diving there in July due to heavy boat traffic and some algae problems.  However, I tried the Scuba Boat that operates at Okoboji  in July and the experience was great.  <br><br>Okoboji has excellent visibility from April until late June and from September until December.  July is not a good month, but the advantage of using the Scuba Boat is that the operators of Blue Water Divers can take you to several rock reefs were visibility is good and aquatic life is excellent.  <br><br>Shore diving at Okoboji involves pipelines, underwater towers, man made features, piers, and sandy areas.  I have enjoyed these sites for about two years.  I never had the opportunity to "reef-dive" Oko until today thanks to that boat owned by Blue Waters.  I highly recommend this form of diving during the most difficult months of the Upper MIdwest diving season.<br><br>The staff was great and they provide the tanks, the divemaster guide, and cold mineral water!  The boat is comfortable and the atmosphere festive!<br><br>cheers,<br><br>Jose