Remember me
Lost Password Register

Rebreather "Round Up"
09-16-2004, 09:51 AM,
Re:Rebreather "Round Up"
Chuck,

You might want to plan a little event for this fall and then plan a much larger one for next spring- kind of like my Freedive-a-palooza.

You could post it on a wider variety of lists and get people from around the midwest to show up. Might be a good time to throw in some of your rebreather demo stuff- pick a shallow point and mark it off as "confined water" like they do in the islands. Maybe you could even get some other guys to come in with demo gear to make it a mini DUI demo days- except for rebreathers.

I bet it would be good for an aritcle in some of the dive mags out there as well.

We picked late summer for Freedive-a-palooza to work around Fred's planting schedule, but you may need to do your's in the spring to work around all the trips/expeditions you guys are running.

Just a couple of thoughts....

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
09-16-2004, 10:58 AM,
You beat me to it, Jon. A large midwest rebreather event would be awesome, and for any and all rebreathers!

Chuck, let's do BOTH #1 & #2. Just pick a date for the 'round-up', I need time to re-lobby the wife!

Who's all going to the 'Gales'?

'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
09-16-2004, 03:38 PM,
It worked out so well for freediving that it would have to be a hit with the SCR/CCR crowd as well. Smile

I had a dozen freedivers, as well as another dozen bubble-blowing friends, show up, and I know of at least another dozen freedivers in the "area" who wanted to come but couldn't make it.

I bet you might even get some reps to come out from the parent companies if you planned it out in advance.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
09-16-2004, 03:54 PM,

That's a good idea. I'd really like to see Diverite's new rebreather. Smile
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
09-16-2004, 04:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2004, 04:56 PM by Chuck_Northrup.)
OK, lets try this Tongue

RB "Round Up" Novemeber 20-21

Spring "Tune Up" April 16-17

Rebreather-a-gogo Sometime around June 11-12 (if there is any interest)

I like the idea Jon, know anybody from Wisconsin who want to attend? As for inviting rebreather divers from other lists :-\ people who think DIR divers give us grief need to see what we do to ourselves ;D

Seriously though, I think it could be a really cool event. I would not mind some of the manufacturers chipping in as long as SDS isn't involved.

Mark: There may be some DiveRite RB's coming to MN very soon 8) That is unless they turn out to be vaporware :Smile
Don't believe the hype!
09-16-2004, 09:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2004, 09:59 PM by igotoofar.)
This sounds like fun, I just have to see if I have those weekends clear.

Here are a few possibel names:

Silent Scuba
Did you hear that fish fart
DDR -Divers Diving Rebreathers
RB "Sound Off"
09-17-2004, 06:55 AM,

Sounds good, they're on my calendar. Might want to post on some other boards as well, the more the merrier.
09-17-2004, 09:46 AM,
Added to my calendar too.
09-17-2004, 09:55 AM,
9 months to save this just might work Wink
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
09-17-2004, 12:19 PM,
I am certified on the Dolphin, but don't own one, but I do have a buddy who owns a couple of Rays....

Maybe we should just add in the freedivers and call it:
"SILENT SPRING". Wink

What is this new Diverite thing going to look like- SCR or CCR?

Jon
&quot;Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge.&quot; -Charles Darwin