Remember me
Lost Password Register

Headed for Akin
07-04-2002, 04:24 AM,
Headed for Akin
Just found out I'm Headed for Akin for the weekend any one intrested in diving intrested in diving up there on thursday or Sat. Crosby is near by also. You can try to Call my Cell at 763-442-5846. I am bringing my gear but don't have a dive Buddy yet.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
07-04-2002, 03:55 PM,
Re: Headed for Akin
I am interested in diving Crosby on the Saturday. Will you be camping out?<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
07-04-2002, 08:08 PM,
Mark, Lake Diver,<br>Currently planning to dive St Cloud quarries this Sat, but if they require insurance, etc or if theer are other restrictions, I'll head for Crosby.<br>Will post again Friday PM after I talk to Stearns county folks about reqmnts for diving their pits.<br>Mark, looking fwd to seeing you again.<br>Dan
Dan L
07-05-2002, 05:57 AM,
Found that diving is not allowed at St Cloud unless with an instructional group thru a dive shop.  Extensive commercial insurance requirements, etc.<br><br>Net, Crosby looks like the place for me this weekend.  I will arrive Louise about 9:30 - 10am with a buddy, Bill.  Plan 2 dives, refill/lunch, one PM dive and return home late PM.<br><br>Dan
Dan L
07-05-2002, 06:40 AM,
Dan,<br>Count me in please. What time will you be going to Louise. Would you like to travel together? I live in Rockford, west of Plymouth on 55. I am at work now so you can call me on my office line 952-925-6870 or my cell 612-963-2363. I will get two tanks this afternoon from Fantasea :-)<br>Make sure you have you have the camera again :-)<br>Mark
07-07-2002, 06:49 AM,
Guys, (Dan, Bill, Jerry and Jose)<br>Thanks for a great days diving. Nice to meet you Bill and Jose. Dan Thanks for taking me to 102 feet ;D The skeleton in the cave looked really cool, or was that just the temp :-)<br>Shame you couldn't join us on the last dive, hope your Octo is OK now. We only hovered around 25 feet but there was plenty of fish to see and swimming in and out of the trees was awesome. <br>I actually managed to get 135 minutes worth of diving and the last dive was for 60 minutes...longest yet so two records broken in 1 day  :Smile<br>I am going to Lake Wazee next weekend for my Advanced course then free the next weekend (I hope) if anyone wants to dive.<br>Thanks again guys for a great day out.<br>Mark
07-07-2002, 12:31 PM,
sorry I couldn't join you in Crosby but I had no internet connection. and didn't see the plan untill I got home today hope I can catch the next trip noe that I am done working weekends.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
07-07-2002, 05:47 PM,
Mark, Jerry, Jose - <br>Thanks for the great diving. <br>Bill mistakenly picked up a mesh equipmwnt bag from the tarp I laid out.  He thought it wsa mine and put it in my car.  Does it belong to one of you?<br>I have it - guess we'll just have to dive together again if you ever want to see it!<br>Thanks again.<br>Dan
Dan L
07-08-2002, 04:02 AM,
Dan,<br>Thats a damned good excuse for a dive if ever I heard one :-)<br>Looking forward to the next meeting.<br>M