Remember me
Lost Password Register

Park Rapids area lakes --- anyone?
09-25-2004, 08:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2004, 08:04 AM by freedivernd.)
Park Rapids area lakes --- anyone?
ok... any one out there that frequent the Park Rapids area lakes.. Big Sand, Potato, Mantrap. I was in Big Sand yesterday off the boat landing, really drops off there but where I was there was not much for structure or fish, visibility was around 10', but we've had some tremendous winds and lots of rain so I probably caught it on a bad day. I'm wondering about other dive sites in that area.
Cold and dark down there huh?
10-08-2004, 04:09 PM,
Re:Park Rapids area lakes --- anyone?
We really liked Bad Medicine. It's a pretty clear lake. We've seen a number of trout. Best of all are the species of crayfish present in the lake. They have the most amazing BLUE claws :o(which may well be a result of the COLD temp of the lake "LOL ;D"). It's spring fed with no outlet.
10-09-2004, 01:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2004, 01:55 AM by freedivernd.)
I've been to Bad Medicine several times. The lake has more crayfish than any lake I've been in...MN DNR lakes finder says that in the late 60's a crayfish population explosion all but eliminated the vegetation causing negative effects on the bass and sunfish and in '77 rainbow trout where introduced to try and control the crayfish population. I've never seen so many crayfish in a lake as in Bad Medicine, the trout must not be helping much.
Cold and dark down there huh?
10-09-2004, 02:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-09-2004, 02:22 AM by Appolion.)
Bad Medicine seems like a good lake to go to once I get certified. I have always been interested in crayfish. Good thing its not that far away from me Smile