Remember me
Lost Password Register

Poll: Click the one option available after you read this.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I\'m here
100.00%
42 100.00%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

MNSCUBA Check-In
10-08-2004, 12:20 PM,
MNSCUBA Check-In
Just in the mood for a poll and want to see how many people respond in 2 weeks. After 2 weeks this poll will end...

We have over 600 members, so if 1/8 of them 'check-in' we should have at least 75 for a poll count.
10-11-2004, 11:28 AM,
Re:MNSCUBA Check-In
Maybe everyone is out diving?

4.3% of the members responded so far... makes me wonder how many of the 600 are currently active on the forum.

Reason for this poll was to see if there's something we need to keep members interested in coming back regularly, according to the poll results so far there is not much of a percentage of return members.

This leads me to believe the site isn't giving divers what they are looking for.

Please provide your comments and suggestions on how this site can be made more useful to you as a diver so we can do our best to make sure members want to return to the site.

Even if we add 20% to the figure to compensate for the members who missed the poll, didn't feel like contributing, were on vacation, lost interest in diving, or other... that's still only 1/4 of the members returning on a regular basis.

Thank you to all who took the simple poll, and thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.

Chris
10-16-2004, 09:12 AM,
[quote='Chris link' dateline='1097515729']
Maybe everyone is out diving?

4.3% of the members responded so far... makes me wonder how many of the 600 are currently active on the forum.

Reason for this poll was to see if there's something we need to keep members interested in coming back regularly, according to the poll results so far there is not much of a percentage of return members.

This leads me to believe the site isn't giving divers what they are looking for.

Please provide your comments and suggestions on how this site can be made more useful to you as a diver so we can do our best to make sure members want to return to the site.

Even if we add 20% to the figure to compensate for the members who missed the poll, didn't feel like contributing, were on vacation, lost interest in diving, or other... that's still only 1/4 of the members returning on a regular basis.

Thank you to all who took the simple poll, and thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.

Chris
[/quote]
10-16-2004, 11:48 AM,
Chris,
we're missing keeping the northwest minn. divers active on the board.. the Bemidji area, the Detroit Lakes, the Fargo, Moorhead divers.. everything is so much the twin cities area, wazee or crosby. I know that's where the population is but I also know it's not where ALL the divers are. I don't really know how to keep the divers from my area here and active on the board..try to do more of this local area diving news and conditions maybe. I know many divers around here drop in from time to time to mnscuba 'cause I hear it at the boat landings.. but they are not too active on the board. We never hear from Northwest divers outta Moorhead, Mick's scuba outta Moorhead, Tri-State or Pink Barracuda outta detroit lakes, or the dive shop out of Bemidji, nor do we hear from many divers that are doing there diving out of these shops. I'd like to see more folks from the Fargo-Moorhead-Detroit Lakes area hit the board and become active.... but check out your "Lake Info" page.. .there's nothing there about any of the great lakes there (not those other "Great Lakes") lakes like Paul, Six, Seven, the McDonalds, Silent, Big Sand, Mantrapp, Potato, etc, etc... Even if we had more freedivers in the area (fargo, moorhead, d.l.) active that would be good, good, heck... that would be GREAT!
Later, Fred

Cold and dark down there huh?
10-16-2004, 04:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2004, 04:12 PM by Appolion.)
In response to what freediverND said; I will be getting certified this spring and I am from Fargo. All I usually see on these boards are diving trips more than 3 hours away from me. When I do get certified, I want to dive as much as possible. Maybe every weekend or so, maybe more. One of the most difficult things I have run into thus far is meeting divers from the Fargo-Moorhead area. I know that not diving yet makes that a bit harder, but I would like to talk to some of the people I will possibly be diving with this summer so I can dive more often.
10-16-2004, 07:35 PM,

Fred & Appolion,

I would really like to know more about diving in your neck of the woods. But don't expect to hear it from me. I agree, the site's dive sites section could be more comprehensive, assuming someone has accurate information to post. I suggest you let us know about what to expect from Paul, Six, Seven, etc. How do I get there? Do local dive groups visit the sites? I don't even know where to start - other than asking you! Heck, if there is good diving anywhere in the state, or surrounding states, I'd like to know!

I've been to the greater MN diveshop websites and they don't really have anything in regards to local diving. Tall Pine has made its presence on the board and I'm thankful for it. It has really started to open up (for me) the dive potentials in the Gilbert, etc. areas.

Chris, if I know of a cool dive site, how do I get it posted in the Lake Info Section? Do you have a committee that confirms, verifys, etc. dive sites?
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
10-17-2004, 12:00 AM,
I don't think this poll is a very scientific way to gauge activity. Let me provide some activity numbers:

During the Summer mnscuba.com averaged about 10,000 unique visits a month. Our average user visited the site 16 times per month.

Mark, our next site upgrade will include features which will allow members to document dive sites. I'm still hoping to roll it out this quarter.
--Jason
10-17-2004, 05:56 AM,

Lurkers... darned lurkers... comon'.. speakup. Maybe we need a new poll... Lurkers check-in..
16 times per month, that's every other day, by golly I'm WAY above average again Smile
Cold and dark down there huh?
10-17-2004, 03:42 PM,
Just to throw in another thought:
I wonder if other dive shops up in that area would make use of the forum? I know TPSCUBA does (which is great) which was mentioned before and Pink Baracuda does from time to time!!! I wonder how much interest would be if they posted local diving events etc on the board...

OK , just my 1.25 cents worth , for whatever its worth!!! I know SOME of the LDS's down here take advantage of MNSCUBA quite a lot...

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
10-17-2004, 06:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2004, 06:21 PM by LRRP02.)
I stop in from time to time to see what's happening. For Appolion I think Crosby is less than 3 hours away I know Gilbert is 5 hours a little bit of a trip but does make for a good weekend get away. Thunderbay is about the same for me and I make it there at least once and even twice a month.
TPScuba has done a lot for the diving in their area and I thank them too. I know a while back they were trying to put together a trip to Bismark ND for U/W fishing What ever happened there?
Keep up the great work with MNSCUBA.Com it is a great place for info even though some of us get carried away at times it is enjoyable.