Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive Bouy's/Markers
05-02-2002, 02:19 PM,
Re: Dive Bouy's/Markers
<br>jmsdiver, any recommendations on brand/manufacturer of a jump reel?  there are so many reels out there...
--Jason
05-02-2002, 04:48 PM,
OK Guys, here is the stupid question.<br>How do you keep it from floating away with the current, tide, wind etc?<br>Don't hit on me too hard.<br>Thanks
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
05-02-2002, 05:37 PM,
Quote:OK Guys, here is the stupid question.<br>How do you keep it from floating away with the current, tide, wind etc?<br>Don't hit on me too hard.<br>Thanks
<br>You (the diver) tow the float on a rope that you reel out as you descend.  They can be a real pain in the a** sometimes though.  I always manage to get tangled in the line. >Sad<br>
05-03-2002, 11:52 AM,
That was what I was expecting but dreading LOL.<br>THanks GP
05-05-2002, 09:52 AM,
When we go to the Crosby mines we don't use a float because it would get caught in the underground trees all the time.<br><br>
Leon
05-05-2002, 01:54 PM,
Don't keep us in suspense. What do you use?
05-06-2002, 04:24 AM,
Quote:When we go to the Crosby mines we don't use a float because it would get caught in the underground trees all the time.<br><br>
<br><br>Oops: "Underground"! :Smile I meant underwater. I don't know if it is "Legal" to not use a float at Crosby but that's the way everybody seems to dive there. I have not seen anybody use a buoy at the two places I have dived at Crosby.
Leon
05-06-2002, 04:21 PM,
I've dived Crosby maybe 10 different times and have never seen a boat!  Some of the sites would be tough to get a boat and trailer in.  <br>Have used a float maybe half the time - ended up tying it off after getting out a bit from shore and retrieving it on the way back in.  No float the other times.<br>After hearing the $175 fine, and knowing Crosby will be busier than ever (a lot of people are starting to talk about Crosby), I suspect the DNR will show up soon enough, so I'll be hauling a flag this year.
Dan L
05-06-2002, 05:19 PM,
Wazee I think has the same restrictions about powered boats as Crosby. I have seen a couple of people fishing in a canoe on Lake Wazee, with the dive flag touching the canoe. This weekend, a boat anchored next to a dive flag at Square lake with three or four people fishing while 30 angry divers watched in horror. Since the divers out numbered the fishers by 10 to 1, the boaters left after a yelling match.<br><br>Does anyone know the fine for boats within 150' of dive flags in Minnesota?
05-07-2002, 03:41 AM,
Quote:Wazee I think has the same restrictions about powered boats as Crosby. I have seen a couple of people fishing in a canoe on Lake Wazee, with the dive flag touching the canoe. This weekend, a boat anchored next to a dive flag at Square lake with three or four people fishing while 30 angry divers watched in horror. Since the divers out numbered the fishers by 10 to 1, the boaters left after a yelling match.<br><br>Does anyone know the fine for boats within 150' of dive flags in Minnesota?
<br><br>I think quite a few boaters don't have a clue what the dive flag means. Maybe the dive community should make up some fliers and hand them out at launch sites or boating stores. Is there a special posting on square lake about divers? If not there should be.<br><br>
Leon