Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Okoboji -- June 29/30
06-27-2002, 07:48 PM,
Lake Okoboji -- June 29/30
Okoboji dive cancelled due to significant number of events in the Okoboji area this weekend.  I will reschedule this dive for later in the Summer.<br>
--Jason
06-27-2002, 09:00 PM,
Re: Lake Okoboji -- June 29/30
Jason, <br> <br>I consulted my sources in Okoboji and according to them there is a good chance that the place would be crowded including campsites due to the following events (one event involves boats at the lake and another involves bycicles all over the place): <br>      <br>        Treasure Village Gospel Concert <br>        Sunday <br>        <br>      <br>        Okoboji Summer Theater - Sunday, June 30 <br>         <br>      <br>        Fireworks Display - Saturday, June 29 <br>         <br>        Lake Mainsail Cruise-In Competitions <br>         <br>      <br>        University of Okoboji Cycling   Classic     Ride <br>        Saturday, June 29 <br> <br>In addition, two diving schools  will be doing check-out dives and open water classes in some of my favorite underwater landmarks Saturday afternoon and evening and Sunday all day.  I might go to Okoboji, but if I go would be very early on Satuday morning and I will be back in Mankato before 4:00 pm.  I do not want to be in Okoboji during congestion time.  So if anyone is interested in Okoboji be aware that this Saturday afternoon and Sunday allday is likely to be crowded.  If anyone want directions you can follow me very early this saturday if I decide to go. <br> <br>cheers, <br> <br>JJ
06-28-2002, 03:03 AM,
Bummer Sad Well...I think I'll pass on this trip then since if I went I'd only be able to come at the most congested time.  That, and I'd have a tough time finding a place to camp late in the afternoon with events going on.  I think I'll just try and get in some dives around the twin cities area instead.
06-28-2002, 12:56 PM,
Jason,<br>Thanks for Wednesday evening. Excellent navigation skills, very impressed  ;D<br> Look forward to the next get together.<br>Anyone interested in a non-diving get together?<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............