Remember me
Lost Password Register

Lake Wazee - June 22nd
06-22-2002, 05:41 PM,
Re: Lake Wazee - June 22nd
Just reporting in from the field  Smile  The Wazee trip started and is still occuring.  Despite the fact I only got one dive in, I had a lot of fun.<br><br>When I left, Jerry, Mark, Jean, hfrancois + hubby Chris, and Jason B. were about to do dive #2.  Due to my new drysuit neck seal being a little too tight and having to be home before 6PM I bolted after we had lunch.  I've got the neck seal stretching now.<br><br>Dive #1 was a multi-level to about 60-70ft for 20 minutes with the rest between 30-45ft.  Temperature was cold (I haven't checked the computer yet).  I don't know how in the world Jean can handle diving below thermocline without a hood but if I had that ability I would not be complaining LOL  ;D   We saw lots of purple hairy mold on some of the ridges, some bushes at 60 feet, a 18" pipe at 70 feet with a rotting line tied off on it going to the surface, some fish cribs, and a few bass (Jerry said he also saw a big walleye!)<br><br>Hopefully the next time I can spend the whole weekend and get more than one dive in Undecided<br><br>Dan<br>
06-22-2002, 06:01 PM,
Update after the 2nd dive at Wazee...<br>Unbelievable (at least for me)  Vis was 35+ feet...<br>Temp wasn't too bad...And yes, I made both dives without a hood.  The second time,<br>Chris and I went down to 65 feet in Sherwood Forest...Just grand down there....<br>And the incline coming back up...Felt like a vertical wall...<br><br>I will put more in later, but I would like to greatly thank all my diving buddies for a <br>WONDERFUL DAY DIVING....I cannot say enough about them and this place called Wazee!!!!<br><br>Thanks...Jean<br><br>
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-23-2002, 03:10 PM,
<br>Thanks to everyone for great dives this weekend -- especially Jerry and Mark, my camping buddies.  Congrats to Chris for making his first cold lake dives.<br><br>We started our night dive (3rd dive) around 9:15 at the north dive site.  We had some equipment problems initially and Jerry was forced to call the dive.  The dive shop may have damaged one of his tank valves during the late afternoon fill.  Hopefully we will get a follow up report from Jerry on this.<br><br>The most challenging part of the night dive was gearing up.  We were being ravaged by mosquitos.  And I wondered why we were the only ones out there night diving...<br><br>Mark and I did a 45min dive around the fish cribs and forest area.  Max depth was around 45 feet.  Fortunately the wind had picked up and the mosquitos were gone once we had completed the dive.<br><br>On Sunday morning Mark took off early and loaned some equipment to Jerry so that he could dive with me.  We dove at the dive site next to the camping area.  We basically dove each dive site at least once during the weekend.<br><br>This dive location was one of my favorites.  The depth drops off dramatically twenty yards from the entry point.  The wall was very steep and there were overhangs in several spots.  We did a multilevel dive for 55mins with a max depth of 55ft. <br><br>I found a new pair of sunglasses at about 30ft.  Jerry took a picture of me wearing them.  I almost managed to feed the sunglasses to a big 'ole bass.  This fish came right up to my hand and was very interested in my new treasure.  <br><br>We ended the dive right around the fish cribs.  A large group of sunfish were patrolling their beds.  We even saw a pair of fish spanning.  Great dive.<br><br>Wazee is a very diver friendly location.  Diving + parking is $13/day.  Wazee has a beach area where you can dump the family while you sneak off and dive.  
--Jason
06-24-2002, 07:07 AM,
Chris and I had a great time last Saturday. It was nice meeting Jerry, Dan, Jason, and Mark, and it was great to dive with Crazy Jean again.  Big Grin Thanks. We'll have to do it again soon.
Hazel
06-24-2002, 01:15 PM,
For the record.  My computer showed 42 degrees F at 60 feet in Wazee last weekend.<br><br>Dan
06-24-2002, 04:23 PM,
Quote:For the record.  My computer showed 42 degrees F at 60 feet in Wazee last weekend.<br><br>Dan
<br><br>...And Jean dove without a hood. OMG!  :o
Hazel
06-25-2002, 07:23 PM,
... and she was comfortable ;-)  That's the impressive bit! ;D
06-26-2002, 06:18 PM,
I had a nice time out at Wazee.  Its hard to beat diving and camping with friends.  <br>Thanks to all my dive buddies (Jason,Mark,Chris,Hazel and superheated hoodless Jean.)for coming out.<br>We did the south and west entrance on saturday.  On sunday Jason and I did the north entrance.  Each one has its own unique qualities.  <br>At the west entrance I saw a school of trout.  That was my first experience of ever seeing trout while diving.<br>I missed out on the saturday night dive, but Mark let me use his regulator for the sunday dive.  Besides Jason said the night dive sucked (as he smiled)  You dont think he was trying to make me feel better, do you?  ha ha  <br>I brought my regulator and tank in to scuba center.  And after a few minutes the problem was solved.  It turms out that it was only a lose part and an O ring.  <br><br>jerry<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
GO DIVING!