Remember me
Lost Password Register

Square Wed Oct 27 - 2nd annual Pumpkin Carving...
10-24-2004, 09:26 PM,
Square Wed Oct 27 - 2nd annual Pumpkin Carving...
Since SD&T is on vacation (sabatical... Big Grin) we are (kind of) hosting on our own a Pumpkin carving dive at Square this Wed Oct 27th. I'm going to bring out one since I missed the fun last year. I am also going to bring out some brats to cook (eyups , I am...)

So if anybody wants to come out and Light up the night!!!!
Sorry , I wish I had some prizes/gifts to give out but it's really fun to test your skills with a knife !!! And of course , you can't beat the superb company !!!

Oh , and if someone has a camera , I know that would be greatly appreciated...If we could at least get some surface pictures...Maybe some underwater ones too of people carving away on the platform(s)...!!! Wink

Jean for
Scuba Dive and Travel

P.S. Remember to remove the innards first and YES , pre-tracing your pattern is DEFINATELY ALLOWED and highly recommended for those that haven't tried this interesting way to carve a pumpkin before...

How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
10-24-2004, 09:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2004, 09:40 PM by jleech.)
Re:Square Wed Oct 27 - 2nd annual Pumpkin Carving...

I'm planning on being there with my pumpkin & UW camera. We had 3 carvers last year, I hope we have some more. Here's a shot from last year's action...

Jeff

Attached Files
.jpg   Carving_0029sm.jpg (Size: 22.21 KB / Downloads: 56)
.jpg_thumb   Carving_0029sm.jpg_thumb (Size: 14.09 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Carving_0029sm.jpg_thumb (Size: 14.09 KB / Downloads: 0)
Jeff
10-26-2004, 02:11 PM,

I just got certified a couple weeks ago and am anxious to get out diving. I am not too excited about carving pumpkins but I wouldn’t mind going under water for a bit just to practice buoyancy and try out the new gear. Would this be the place for that kind of thing? I could be an underwater carving technique judge or something.

10-26-2004, 03:33 PM,

Please , come out and join us !!! You don't need to be a pumpkin carver , for sure...
Just come out and hang with us. It would be a GREAT time to work on your buoyancy.
And yes , we might need a technique judge...(I know I WILL!!!)

Jean
10-26-2004, 05:11 PM,
OK great, I will try to be there. What time does it start?
10-26-2004, 08:49 PM,

I plan on showing up between 5 and 5:30. We will probably wait until after 6 to do the "official" pumpkin carving so that people can have time to show up. It is likely to be a twilight/night dive, since sundown is right around 6 pm. I'll have a couple of extra lights.

Jeff Leech
Jeff
10-27-2004, 04:55 AM,

I plan on showing up between 5 and 5:30. We will probably wait until after 6 to do the "official" pumpkin carving so that people can have time to show up. It is likely to be a twilight/night dive, since sundown is right around 6 pm. I'll have a couple of extra lights.

Jeff Leech
[/quote]

Sounds great!!! I'll try to sneak out there around between 4 and 5. I better not forget the charcoal too... (gads).
Raw brats...yuck...
And yes , Jeff is right , this will probably be a twilight/night dive type of thing...Makes it more fun to carve "in the dark"...Spookier too...
And there's a FULL lunar eclipse tonight...Oh my !!!!

Jean
10-27-2004, 07:13 AM,
Gear is in the car and ready to go. I don't have a punkin to hack up but just need to get a dive in....

See everyone around 5-5:30
Chris Bloss
10-27-2004, 08:13 AM,
FYI - there is a 'pumpkin' shop right at the corner of HW 36 & Manning...

Good luck tonight... beware of the 'Great Pumpkin'...
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
10-27-2004, 11:26 AM,
This will be interesting! One hand on the pumkin, one with a carving tool and one holding a light. Have fun!

Dan