Remember me
Lost Password Register

Portable Table
10-25-2004, 07:32 AM,
Portable Table
I picked up a Stanley portable sawhorse/work bench from Home Depot the other day. Makes gearing up much easier and it folds down flat and takes up little space. Wink

Attached Files
.jpg   stanley.jpg (Size: 44.61 KB / Downloads: 111)
.jpg_thumb   stanley.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.98 KB / Downloads: 0)
10-25-2004, 09:07 AM,
Re:Portable Table
How much did it cost????
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
10-25-2004, 11:08 AM,
I have a great portable table...my tailgate on my f150 ;D
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.
10-25-2004, 11:51 AM,
$29.95
10-25-2004, 02:08 PM,
looks like a home depot run is comming up
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
10-25-2004, 04:41 PM,
$29.95
[/quote]

You know , that table looked so cool with your gear on it , I think even the ultimate "trunk" diver might have to get one !!!!
Now how could I prop up my doubles on it???

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
10-26-2004, 04:11 PM,
How about some dowel rods thru the tool holder holes, mounted to and upright piece of plywood or plexiglass to lean your doubles against?
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
10-28-2004, 08:48 PM,
that brings up a good point....i've been meaning to ask some people what you do to prop up your doubles when you are getting ready...i've been laying them on the ground so far...any decent homebrew ideas for propping them up? Some of my friends have tank boots on their tanks, but that doesn't work for me (my cave diving instructor will just make me take them off next time I'm down in florida again...)
Everyone spends the first nine months of their life in water - the lucky ones make frequent return visits.
11-29-2004, 08:57 AM,
I have a portable workbench with closing jaws. I put together a piece of 3/4" plywood with a 2x4 that is captured in the jaws. It is sturdy enough to set my doubles on - laying down. When I am ready to get into them I pull the doubles to a standing position and get in. I can then rest with the doubles supported by the workbench as I get other stuff on. The folding workbench and separate top are fairly compact and work well.
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.
03-05-2005, 06:07 AM,
Re: Portable Table
Mr. FMT:

I'd like more specifics on that portable workbench. Maybe you have a patent in the works!? Do you have a pic of the setup?