Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Dive - June 8th
04-28-2002, 10:36 AM,
Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th
I think I would like to go to the Crosby mines. Those who want to could camp overnight others could leave that day. There are open areas where people camp.  I would set up there and stay the weekend.<br><br>I don't know Wazee, tell me about it.<br>I would need an early June date (First two weekends). So JUne 8 works wellf or me.
Leon
04-29-2002, 04:16 AM,
I will probably camp out there as long as I have a buddie on sunday for both trips
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
05-05-2002, 10:10 AM,
Quote:I will probably camp out there as long as I have a buddie on sunday for both trips
<br><br>I will dive with you Sunday.
Leon
05-06-2002, 08:45 AM,
If no-one minds a newbie along, I would love to attend. I will be doing my Open water dive the weekend before. Are there any hotels close by to stay in?<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
05-06-2002, 04:56 PM,
Quote:If no-one minds a newbie along, I would love to attend. I will be doing my Open water dive the weekend before. Are there any hotels close by to stay in?<br>Mark
<br><br>I love having newbies with. I am still pretty much one myself (11 dives). I believe there is a location called "Stairway to Hell" where there is a little place to camp. Are there other small free camping places somewhere?<br><br>I will have a 3 bed (six person) pop up camper with. I might have room for a couple people if need be.
Leon
05-06-2002, 05:31 PM,
Another semi-newbie to possibly come along here!!
05-07-2002, 04:01 AM,
The more the merrier, as I see it :-)
05-07-2002, 04:41 AM,
For sure! Just looking to have a safe and fun time, if you're interested in the above your more than welcome!
05-07-2002, 06:20 AM,
OK guys,<br>As I am not from these parts can anyone give me directions to Crosby, where we are going to meet up as well as times and how many dives?<br>Thanks. Mark
05-07-2002, 10:59 AM,
Quote:OK guys,<br>As I am not from these parts can anyone give me directions to Crosby, where we are going to meet up as well as times and how many dives?<br>Thanks. Mark
<br><br>Getting back to some of the dive sites is like driving on a cow path. They do not show up on road maps. Your dive shop might have a map with some of the paths marked. Is there a camping/dive site that is easy to get to? <br><br>If no easy place to meet at a camp site I will do the following:<br>We will pick a time and meet at the Brainerd dive shop and then find our way back into whatever camping/dive site we want. I will leave information at the dive shop for others to follow. The dive shop is very familiar with Crosby and can give information.<br><br>The address for the Brainerd dive shop is:<br>Minnesota School of Diving<br>712 Washington St.<br>Brainerd, MN 56401<br>Use if you need driving instructions.
Leon