Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Dive - June 8th
05-29-2002, 07:08 AM,
Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th
Meeting at 8pm Friday night at the dive shop sounds good to me :-) Night dive, very interested but still very much a newbie at this game, dinner and liquid refreshment sounds great, so does the camp fire :-)<br>anyone else interested in meeting Friday night?
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
05-29-2002, 09:05 AM,
I plan on going up on Friday afternoon, setting up camp, getting some food, and then doing a night dive.  Planning two day dives on Saturday, then another night dive Sat night.  Finally, two day dives on Sunday and then heading back to the cities.<br><br>The underwater forests at night would probably be nice and spooky.<br>Wink
--Jason
05-29-2002, 09:16 AM,
I'll bring my 'Scream' mask... Hopefully my mask will seal over it.
05-29-2002, 09:56 AM,
Quote:I plan on going up on Friday afternoon, setting up camp, getting some food, and then doing a night dive.  Planning two day dives on Saturday, then another night dive Sat night.  Finally, two day dives on Sunday and then heading back to the cities.<br><br>The underwater forests at night would probably be nice and spooky.<br>Wink
<br><br>Where do you plan to camp? Do you want to save a couple extra spots next to you so we can be somewhat close to each other. It will make it easier to buddy up. Do you want to meet some of the others at the dive shop and lead them to where you camped? The dive shop can probably suggest good camping areas. I was looking to camp right at lakeside in one of the free camping areas. Is that what you had in mind?<br><br><br>
Leon
05-29-2002, 03:32 PM,
<br>I have no idea where to camp.  I know how to get to Brainerd, but have never been to the Crosby area.  I was hoping that a group of us could meet on Friday up there so that we could coordinate efforts.  
--Jason
05-30-2002, 04:40 AM,
I will see if I can get up there earlier that 8:00 pm.  I have a map of the mine pits where I had a divemaster familiar with the area mark where camping areas are. The map is a little confusing because it gives three names to what appears to be the same lake (Martin, Huntington, Hillcrest). Anyway on Martin(?) there is camping and a mine shaft to go find.
Leon
05-30-2002, 11:59 AM,
This sounds like a great time, I'd love to join. Probably camp for the weekend and do a couple dives on Sat.<br>Im a newbie diver also just got cet. last summer. Have less than 10 dives.<br><br>MNClimber, I'd love to hook up on Sun for the trails if thats cool. (gotta get the winch working on the jeep first though)
05-31-2002, 01:31 AM,
Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th Summary Update
Summary to Date:  <br>Itinerary:<br>* Go up Friday afternoon <br>* Stop at the dive shop shortly before 8pm, earlier if possible.<br>* Set up a camp. <br>* Saturday morning go back to the dive shop around 9:30am to wait for anyone (If necessary) and leave information about where the camp is.<br>* Find buddies at camp and dive.  <br>* Refill tanks<br>* Sit around campfire singing cowboy songs, feeling sad for people staying in Hotels. ;D  <br><br>Things to decide:<br>* How many tanks will you need for daily dives? We can go in and refill them Saturday for those doing Sunday dives.  <br>* Are you coming up Saturday and need someone to lead you to the campsite?<br>* Are you camping?<br>* Do you want to car pool?<br> <br>I could car pool a couple of people from Circle pines if they want to. Leave Friday afternoon (5:30), come back Sunday afternoon.  <br>How many will be camping I will try to save a spot for you?  <br>  <br>People coming:16 (5 maybes), Camping: 8 sites<br><br>Chris   <br>gp, Camping <br>MNLakeDiver , Camping  <br>jasondbaker, Camping <br>lrmoll, Camping  <br>brucev   <br>MarkNeedham, Camping  <br>MNClimber   <br>Chumly (Maybe)  <br>Tim & Anna <br>Submerged (Maybe), Camping  <br>Ben, Camping, Car Pool (Maybe), <br>tcdiver (Maybe)<br>hfrancios and SO (maybe)<br>sreiling, Camping  
Leon
05-31-2002, 06:55 AM,
I would for sure like to camp with you guys, and I will most likely be leaving here on Friday around 5-5:30ish.  Dive on Saturday camp again on Saturday night and then probably leave at some point to meet some Jeepers near Pine River...<br><br>Mike
05-31-2002, 06:29 PM,
I think I can make it as well but I might not be able to leave Minneapolis until early saturday morning.  I'll probably camp over on Saturday, and leave in the morning after a single morning dive.<br><br>I've dove a lot on Louise mine pit and a little on Portsmouth.  Have you'all decided on which pit to dive yet?<br><br>Just wondering,<br><br>Dan<br>