Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Dive - June 8th
06-01-2002, 02:35 PM,
Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th
I'm still planning on comeing up. I just need to work out some transportation issues and i also need to get a cast cut off my arm on friday. My planning may be last minute but i will try to be up by 8pm friday at the latest. Hopefully i'll see you all there!
06-01-2002, 04:01 PM,
sorry guys i can't get my open water dives done until the end of the month Sad    bummer hopefully i can make the next dive 8)
tony
06-01-2002, 04:51 PM,
My husband and I will have to take a rain check on the Crosby Dive.  :'( We'll try to make it on the next one. You guys have fun!
Hazel
06-03-2002, 09:26 AM,
Is anyone planning any night diving on Saturday Night?? <br>I might have to work Saturday Morning with the Twins...<br>Anyway , is anyone interested in night diving Sat night????<br>I have dove Crosby twice...And those trees at night would be so cool!!!!<br><br>Thanks in advanced....<br>Jean Nelson<br>jean.t.nelson@supervalu.com<br><br>
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
06-03-2002, 10:14 AM,
I'm up for it! I've heard the "mine-monster" comes out at night and hides behind the trees though...  :o
06-03-2002, 10:30 AM,
Guys,<br>I completed my open water dive last weekend, so I am on for the Crosby dive.<br><br>I am looking to leave the twin cities at around 2pm, I am guessing that I will be at the dive shop around 5 ish. Can anyone esle meet at that time, or is there a time we should all meet up? These plans are open to ammendments  Smile<br><br>I plan on two dives on Saturday poss three time and energy permitting. Possibly doing the night dive also. What equipment should I bring along for that? Please remember that I am new to this LOL<br><br>Time and energy permitting again, I would like to do at least one dive on Sunday and pack up camp around midday ish.<br><br>If anyone wants to get in contact with me my cell is 612-963-2363. and if anyone needs a lift on Friday, give me a call.<br><br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
06-03-2002, 12:35 PM,
Quote:Guys,<br>I completed my open water dive last weekend, so I am on for the Crosby dive.<br><br>I am looking to leave the twin cities at around 2pm, I am guessing that I will be at the dive shop around 5 ish. Can anyone esle meet at that time, or is there a time we should all meet up? These plans are open to ammendments  Smile<br><br>I plan on two dives on Saturday poss three time and energy permitting. Possibly doing the night dive also. What equipment should I bring along for that? Please remember that I am new to this LOL<br><br>Time and energy permitting again, I would like to do at least one dive on Sunday and pack up camp around midday ish.<br><br>If anyone wants to get in contact with me my cell is 612-963-2363. and if anyone needs a lift on Friday, give me a call.<br><br>Mark
<br><br>I had planned to be there at around 8:00 pm (See earlier posts) but I can maybe get up there earlier and meet you at 5:00 that would give us more time to find a nice camp site.<br>
Leon
06-03-2002, 12:51 PM,
I talked to some locals in Brainerd over the weekend.<br>At the Southeast end of The Alstead pit there is some nice camping. There is a family there nearly every weekend and enough room to set up eight tents.<br><br>In an earlier post I mentioned some confusion on the map I had. It listed pit names (Martin and Hillcrest). In another map I found there are no such pits. They seem to be part of Huntington. On the Southeast corner of Huntington there is camping and a mine pit to go find.<br><br>Louise is the clearest pit in the group. There are various artifacts to go find. For example a plastic skeleton sitting on a lawn chair. I heard a story that a while ago there was a plastic skeleton that was visible from the surface. Fishermen called the DNR to report what appeared to be a long dead body. The DNR was not amused and had divers remove it.<br><br>In Ironton there is a place to eat called Gary's Sports Bar<br><br>A local diver warned to not go down any mine shafts you might find. And don't go in any underwater buildings you may find. They are getting pretty rotten and could collapse on you.
Leon
06-03-2002, 01:04 PM,
Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th Night dives
There are probably others with more experience with night diving. At a minimum A light to look at things. If at all possible a second emergency light in case the first one fails. Some use those chemical light sticks and attach them to their tank neck to make it easy for your buddy to find you. You can also buy water proof battery powered flashers to do the same Job. These come in colors so you could distinguish several different people. Be comfortable in low vis situations. Buddy stays close, consider using a buddy line. Be careful in the tree fields to avoid getting hung up on something.
Leon
06-03-2002, 01:56 PM,
Jason Baker and I are planning on leaving by 2:00pm on Friday.  So maybe we could set up a time to meet at the dive shop.  We are both camping so anyone else going up on Friday that is camping should chime in and we'll set a time to all meet at the dive shop.   Smile