Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Dive - June 8th
06-09-2002, 07:30 PM,
Re: Crosby Dive - June 8th
Crosby group,<br>Thanks everyone - I had a great time.  Leon, thanks again for the informal organization and the great pancakes!<br>See the link for the first pics from the trip.  Only a couple now - recheck later in the week.<br>You can pull the pics off this site:<br>  
Dan L
06-09-2002, 08:01 PM,
<br>Great group shot Dan.  I had a wonderful time.  I'm glad we were able to get that last dive in at Louise this morning.  I have added "Leon" on my list of things to pack for the next camping trip.  I figured that would just cover all the things I forgot.<br><br>
--Jason
06-10-2002, 05:00 AM,
Thanks guys. I hope it worked well for everyone. I was worried that I left people stranded at the dive shop since it closes at 6:00 and there was nobody there at 8:00 to pick up latecomers. In the future I think using the Miners Diner or Garys Sports Bar in Ironton as meeting places will work out better.<br><br>I told the guys at the MSD to log on and check out this web site. They can leave up up to the minute information on the mines on future trips.<br><br>Thanks to Todd from MSD for driving out to the mines with us to find a camp site and coming out the next day to make reccomendations. The site was great I thought.<br>
Leon
06-10-2002, 05:02 AM,
Glad to hear you had a great time! I was thinking about it all weekend and couldn't wait until someone posted about it.
06-10-2002, 06:58 AM,
Dan,<br>Awesome photographs :-)<br>Colour correction is fantastic. Can't wait for the next dive .<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
06-11-2002, 03:38 PM,
Yes, thanks a ton Leon for the water ;-)<br><br>I was lucky and ran into Jason and others at the store around 1:30PM and we eventually made it back to the camp site.<br><br>How was the diving on Louise?<br><br>Dan<br>
06-11-2002, 06:00 PM,
The visibility on Louise was great -- at least compared to what we see around here.  I would estimate it as 30+ feet.  We heard that the visibility gets much better. It was definitely better than what we experienced at the other sites.<br><br>We hit about 95 feet at Louise.  We saw some interesting structures and fish.  <br><br>The funny thing is that the weather held out for us.  We kept expecting it to rain all weekend.  Not a drop.  <br><br>
--Jason
06-11-2002, 06:28 PM,
Glad to hear it didn't rain Sunday.  I got out early - the reports were for severe weather - wish I had stuck around for Louise.  Great to hear you liked the dive so much.<br>I did get home early enough Sunday to post some of teh pics from the "bag" experiment before I had to leave town.<br>Got back this evening - here are the rest of the shots.  I have a lot to learn about UW photog....<br>    
Dan L
06-12-2002, 11:23 AM,
Thanks to everyone for making this happen.  I had a great time up there camping and diving.  I heard it gets busy in the summer so we beat the crowd.  The lady at the dive shop in Brainerd told me that fall diving is fantastic,  good visability,  nice fall colors , and not a lot of people.  Perhaps a fall trip should be planned also.  <br>Dan, thanks for the photos.  great color correction.  I have some also, but I dont know how to post them.  <br>The Sunday dive at Louise turned out good.  The weather held out and it didnt rain.  The visability at Louise was better than Mahnomen but not as much to look at.   We did find the skeleton reaching into the junction box at the base of the telephone pole. It was shocking. ha ha   I think it was at about 60 feet.   The snowmobile is in that area but I didnt see it.  <br><br>  
GO DIVING!
06-12-2002, 03:13 PM,
Jerry,<br>Planning 3 trips to Crosby.  One is July 26,27,28.  Going up with a small group for Rescue Diver, but anyone can go.  It's a fun group - most will be doing AOW or Rescue, but there wil be plenty of other diving.<br>The other trip is a Hammerheads, er... a Twin Cities Dive Club trip.  It's Aug 23-25. Very nice up there then.<br>The 3rd is the MSD 2nd annual Dive Fest, Sept 27,28. VERY fun dives with prizes, food, fun group.<br>Dan
Dan L