Remember me
Lost Password Register

Blue Springs - Orange City , Florida
11-24-2004, 01:34 PM,
Blue Springs - Orange City , Florida
OK , I guess some of you had it figured out that it wouldn't take me long to get some dive buddies lined up...
(GEE , GO FIGURE)...
Thursday morning we are going to Blue Springs near Orange city to do a couple of dives. If I get the camera cranking , I might try to take some pics too..
I'll post a report , of course!!!

Friday , I might head over to Ginny/Devil's Den and Saturday I have been invited down to a diver (Turkey) party at Venice beach. I get to meet a whole bunch of warmies!!! Big Grin

Later all..
Gads , now I'm all pumped up again...YAY

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
11-24-2004, 03:06 PM,
Re:Blue Springs - Orange City , Florida
Jean, it sounds like the divers down there didn't get our email warning messages. They don't know what they are in for! Wink I'm very envious. Hope you have a blast
--Jason
11-28-2004, 06:13 PM,
OK , OK , I am still in awe down here!!!
I dove Blue Springs on Thursday , Ginnie on Friday and Blue Springs again today (Sunday)
Blue is just AWESOME...It is a 110 foot deep cavern that has a really nice (wicked actually) outflow. It is a tear-shaped cavern that is full of limestone outcropping (ledges) that you can lay on to get out of the outflow. And there are side opening that you can go into that are smaller side caverns. Vizibility was about 40-60 feet. Water temp average 72 degrees. Then when you get out of the cavern , you SLOWLY drift dive down the run and look at all of the gar and catfish that are hanging around in the run.

OK , I even have some pictures , but they will come later!!!

I WANT MORE !!!!

Jean

P.S. And I have been welcomed as an official Florida Conch diver now... (EEK!!!)
Well , er , at least I found some buddies...

11-29-2004, 04:32 PM,
Can't wait to see the photos. It sounds pretty impressive for someone who has only dove Minnesota mud puddles with 10' viz.
P.S. Do we want to know what the initiation ritual is to be an Official Florida Conch diver? -ha ;D
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
12-03-2004, 10:20 AM,

Lets see , you have to be silly , kind of wacky , and love the water!!!
I think I fit that bill....
Divers down here are just like divers up there...Same passion , same convictions etc...But now mention cold water and watch em run !!!

Heading out to Ginny tomorrow with a reel to practice some of my cavern skills in the main spring (outside the ballroom).
Hopefully , I can remember what Richard taught me last year...(without tying myself up with the line etc...)
Doing Blue Springs on Sunday...

Jean
12-03-2004, 12:08 PM,
Jean;

It's nice to hear your doing great down there can't wait to see the pics. The ice is forming nicely up here and should be ready soon for an ice dive. You should ask your new dive buddies if they want to come back with you for an ice dive ;D.

Mike (SD)
12-03-2004, 04:28 PM,
How long will it be before your one of those cold-water-run-away divers?

Nice to from you Jean, too bad we have the seasonal hard surface water problem or I might be diving too.

Dan
12-05-2004, 03:49 PM,
Jean: Was diving in Ore-be-Gone today it was a warm 38 degrees Vis was out to around 50 feet. The second speeder going into the bay you could do it as an ice dive. I figure about another week and it should be iced over. Heading to Florida on the 17th for a couple of weeks with my grandson, daughter and son-in-law. Don't plan on diving we are going to be working on their house that was distroyed by huricane Jean.
rick
12-07-2004, 02:12 PM,

;D
Dan , now that's funny....
Dove Ginny last Saturday (4th) and spend some time working on my new reel (gads...) Wink
And they said I can feed the fish outside the ballroom , if I wish to...So gee , guess who's going to be feeding the fishes...!!! (just like the killer sunfish at Perch...opps...)

Dove Blue Springs on Sunday and some manatee's had come up the run and were parked right next to the exit steps...
Because it is a Florida run State Park , you are not allowed to get within 50 feet of any manatee...But we managed to squeeze our way out without disturbing them...

But Dan remember , I won't ever forget cold water...I think this stuff down here is ALWAYS going to feel warm to me...

Jean