Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ginny Springs (Dec 12th) - High Springs , Florida
12-13-2004, 04:19 PM,
Ginny Springs (Dec 12th) - High Springs , Florida
We dove Ginny on Sunday the 12th. The ballroom had GREAT visibility in it and I took down some hot-dogs to feed the small mob of fish outside the cavern. Man , were they ravenous!!! My buddy and I both had our ear's nibbled (OK , chewed on) at least a couple of times...(those things are vultules with fins...)
I noticed that the temp of the Santa Fe River has dropped a little and around Devil's Ear you could really feel the difference when the two water masses mixed...

Oh , I tried to do what Richard told me to try...I was able to walk upside-down on the ceiling in the ballroom...Well kind of...I was able to crawl...A really wierd sensation for sure.

Also , the day before , I got down 105 feet in Blue Springs and since both of us were at least Cavern trained we were able to bring lights...But it still feels so WIERD to start getting narked and NOT feel a thermocline...It's like the only way I knew I was at 100 was er , uh , ah , you know how I get !!!

Spring water temp at Blue Springs and Ginny still a nice 70-72 degrees...

Gads , now if I would only get some pictures on line...I'll work on that this week.

Next weekend , I have an ocean dive to do at a place called Tenneco Towers...

Jean

P.S. Oh for those that are interested...
Ginny rates are running $27/day for non-cave cert divers and $20/day for cave cert divers.
They also charge me a doubles fill for my 50CU double tanks...I tried talking them into charing me the single rate but no dice...I guess it doesn't matter the size...doubles are doubles...

How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
12-14-2004, 04:41 PM,
Re:Ginny Springs (Dec 12th) - High Springs , Florida
Jean, next time you are at Ginnie, you should get your fills at Cave Excursions East. They charge by the cubic foot. I think their banked 32% was only about 7 cents a cubic foot. It's based on top offs, so you pay for the gas you buy, not for the gas you already bought. It is located a couple miles from Ginnie Springs park.
12-14-2004, 07:39 PM,

You should like Tenneco Towers, esp if you get narced at depth. The top of the tallest tower is at 70 ft. The bottom is 110+. Kind of a neat dive, hopefully there will be more fish than when I was there back in 2000. You can run into current here from time to time. I'd send you a picture, but it was my first photo dive, and I forgot to turn on the camera :-[
Jeff
12-15-2004, 04:03 PM,

You should like Tenneco Towers, esp if you get narced at depth. The top of the tallest tower is at 70 ft. The bottom is 110+. Kind of a neat dive, hopefully there will be more fish than when I was there back in 2000. You can run into current here from time to time. I'd send you a picture, but it was my first photo dive, and I forgot to turn on the camera :-[
[/quote]

Thank you Jeff...Appreciate the information...Hopefully , I will get my camera down there... ;D
Kirk...Thank you for that information also... I will definately check them out...

Hmmm....narked on an old oil-rig tower....YIKES!!!!

Jean

P.S. Here is a picture of the "vultures" at Ginny...I am being surrounded...pardon the tucked-in PSG...My clip broke before the dive :-*

Attached Files
.jpg   Ginny-1213-one.jpg (Size: 15.07 KB / Downloads: 66)
.jpg_thumb   Ginny-1213-one.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.35 KB / Downloads: 0)
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
12-15-2004, 04:53 PM,
Viz looks a tad better than Square. :Smile