Remember me
Lost Password Register

Message Purge?
01-02-2005, 04:33 PM,
Message Purge?
Is there some type of purge/expiration of the messages in this forum?
01-03-2005, 08:13 AM,
Re:Message Purge?
In the past we had been manually moving messages that we thought might have long term use. For example if it contained location/driving information etceteras. We haven't been doing that for a while. Old messages just get deeper into the list and get ignored anyway. Do you think it is useful to delete old messages? I kind of thought so at one time and had the archived message thread created. Just haven't done much cleaning of messages lately.
Leon
01-03-2005, 09:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-03-2005, 09:45 AM by LKunze.)
I moved several messages from the Diving Get Togethers forum to the Past Get Together (Archive) forum.
01-03-2005, 08:17 PM,
Flexing that new Admin muscle, eh? Smile
01-04-2005, 09:36 AM,

You got that right !!!!!
Hey Lonnie , congrats.....
(I bow to your power...) ;D

Oh , thanks for archiving/cleaning the DGT's out...I've been so busy , I forgot to get to it...
(but I won't go into it...) :-[

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-06-2005, 01:53 AM,
Re: Message Purge?
So if we are looking for a message that was purged and may be several years old is there an archive that we can search through? How does the purging process work? Are the messages actually deleted off the boards?
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
08-06-2005, 04:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2005, 04:56 AM by LKunze.)
No the messages are not deleted.  The old messages in the "Diving Get Togethers" forum get moved to the "Past Get Togethers (Archive)" forum.  This is usually done after the date or dates mentioned in the diving get together messages have passed. 
08-06-2005, 12:37 PM,
You could always check through this: It's a website that tries to archive all of the webpages on the internet.