Remember me
Lost Password Register

building a canister light
09-01-2005, 08:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2006, 09:54 AM by Roger Southwick.)
building a canister light
Some pals and I followed the plans in Steve Lindblom's The Divelight Companion () to build a couple nice canister lights.  Here's a photo essay showing the process:
03-31-2006, 08:08 PM,
Re: building a canister light
Roger,  I enjoyed reading your post and viewing your pictures last Nov.  I liked it so much I read the post over.  I really want to commend you for the great work you did.  I'm sure you guys had lots of fun, and more importantly,  get the bragging rights when you light up the  pea green at Wazee, and everytime another diver asks you where did you get that? 

If you guys are ready,  I would be willing to commision you to make a dozen sets.  This should cut some of your time, and maybe start a business with you. 

Feel free to email me if you have some interest.  If you decide not to,  thats not a problem as I know time is a very rare commodity these days. 

thanks again for sharing your pictures and great job.
MaxFactor
04-01-2006, 09:53 AM,
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the compliments.  It was a fun project, but very time-consuming for us amateur machinists.  I'll have to decline your building request though; time just isn't available.

I'd still recommend reading the book by Airspeed Press, even if you don't get the chance to build a light.  Fascinating stuff.
-- Roger
04-01-2006, 08:10 PM,
Roger,  thanks for the response.  Maybe someday when you know your going to Crosby or Wazee,  you can let me know, and I can take a look at the light up close. 

See ya then.   

JOE
MaxFactor