Remember me
Lost Password Register

Spring Heel Straps for Fins
07-25-2002, 10:20 AM,
Spring Heel Straps for Fins
Just thought I'd pass on this link to you all. Jason Baker and I got together last week and rigged up our Mares Quattro fins with spring straps similar to the method used in the link below. We tried them out last weekend and were very impressed with them. They make putting your fins on and taking them off so much easier and you don't have to worry about breaking rubber straps or buckles. They were pretty cheap to make too...I'd say under $25.00 for the materials and they really aren't that hard to make. This method would work with other brand fins too provided there is a post or some sort of attachment point to attach the springs. Smile<br><br>
07-25-2002, 10:24 AM,
Re:Spring Heel Straps for Fins
I'll second Lonnie's praise. I had a fin strap break on me while I was diving wrecks in Lake Michigan. I was already in the water when it happened. Unfortunately the entry point was over big slippery rocks. I swore I would never have to face this situation again. <br><br>I am amazed that fin manufacturers don't adopt this solution -- or at least provide it as an option for their fins.
--Jason
07-25-2002, 02:40 PM,
I made ones for my jets about a year ago from a design on a different site. Hard to beat.<br><br>JoelW
04-22-2003, 11:47 AM,
I ended up getting some Turtle fins and some spring straps on Ebay and they just came in today. While my size 11 rockboots did barely fit in my Quattro fins the foot pockets fit just a little tighter on the top of my foot than I'd like them to. I ended up finding someone that sells spring straps on Ebay at what I think are a fair price. They come with cave line inside the springs and they are all assembled and ready to go along with an instruction sheet on how to install them. Here is a link to one of the auctions in case anyone is interested. There are multiple listings for these and he ships quickly.

04-22-2003, 11:54 AM,
Thanks for the link GP. I sent him a message to see if they'll work on my Twin Jets...
04-22-2003, 12:15 PM,
Chris, looking at the pic of the Twin Jets on ScubaPro's website it looks like the spring straps should work. It seems the regular straps/buckles that come on the fins attach to the fin with a pin mount. If that's the case then the springs should work fine.