Remember me
Lost Password Register

Blue Grotto - (Florida) ... careful of air fill prices...
01-04-2005, 10:09 AM,
Blue Grotto - (Florida) ... careful of air fill prices...
OK , I loved the dive there...(Blue Grotto). Of course , I am easy to please...

But be very careful about air fills there...To fill my 100cu doubles was $20!!!!!!
(2 x $10 - single fill cost)
And another diver in our group got , er , charged for $18 dollars for a nitrox fill...

Just thought I would pass that one along...Please get fills BEFORE you get there...That's the most I have ever paid for a fill....

Oh , and I have come to find out (personally , I might add) that Devil's Den NO LONGER allows doubles to be used. (any size). It's in their rules now...
(oh well...)

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
01-04-2005, 08:07 PM,
Re:Blue Grotto - (Florida) ... careful of air fill prices...
Jean your out of Minnesota 10.00 a fill is a good price Shops in Minnesota are cheap and that is great but as you travel around your going to see this as still a good deal. It cost to keep a good compressor maintained. What do they charge to rent a tank? Really what you are paying for is the air fill. Like any activity for fun and pleasure you have to pay and these people need to make a living. What do you get paid for your job or do you work for free? Too many people think they should enjoy luxury without paying a reasonable price. Like the stock market if you can't afford it get out of it and sit at home and watch TV but that still cost.
01-05-2005, 11:38 AM,

Er , I never said that they don't have a right to make a living !!!! gads...
I was just saying that to fill my doubles at Ginny is $7.50....At Blue Grotto , $20...
It just seems a bit high to me...
And of course , I am just letting everyone know on the board for their information. And the shops down here in Jacksonville charge just as much/little for air then they do up in Minnesota...

Besides , no LDS really makes a living at air fills anyway...Do they???

But then , what the heck do I know about diving anyway , I guess... (sigh...). Maybe I will stop passing on information to my buddies.

Jean

How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
01-05-2005, 11:51 AM,
Nah don't feel discouraged Jean, I'm with you on this one 100%. Getting charged $20 to fill your set of double 50's with air is a rip off.
01-05-2005, 02:54 PM,
Jean I'll have to apologize The way I read your post was you had 2 100s filled and I see it is 2 50s making up a 100.
Sorry about that I hope you accept my apology.
01-05-2005, 06:34 PM,

When are you going to finish writing that book on diving anyway Jean? I'm still waitin' for it. Smile
Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
01-21-2005, 09:30 AM,
Jean, this is a little off subject but I had to share something with you guys. First I had a dream that you took up Base Jumping/Scuba diving! LOL! The whole dream was you trying to convince me how cool it was and I'm like, What do you do with the chute? How do you carry all the weight up to the jump off point? You were like no no try it you'll see! The dream ended with you and I lowering gear down to a ledge to jump off. What a hoot. Missy and I leave for Belize tomorrow. Oh Lonnie, remember when I saw you at the Madeira? Well My Buddy fell for a diver she met up there! She divorced her husband, already in progress at the time, and fell hard for him!I'm glad they are so happy plus he wil be diving with us. I,m sure he'll appreciate Jeans sighs when she first hits the water on a hot day. Right Jean? LOL. Talk to you all later. Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers