Remember me
Lost Password Register

Mall of America - Underwater Adventures Dive
01-11-2005, 11:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2005, 11:30 PM by airdownthere.)
Mall of America - Underwater Adventures Dive
We are diving the Mall of America on February 9th and February 16th. The cost for this adventure is $159.75. 1 guest aquarium pass is included. Each additional guest is $2 off of the admission price.

Rental gear is available for ½ price.
Call or stop by the store to sign up!
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com
01-11-2005, 01:53 PM,
Re:Mall of America - Underwater Adventures Dive.
Any more details???
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
01-11-2005, 05:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2005, 11:30 PM by airdownthere.)
Re:Mall of America - Underwater Adventures Dive
There will be two dives, one dive in the salt-water tank and one dive in the fresh-water tank.
Scott Wemyss<br />Air Down There SCUBA <br />9 East Little Canada Road<br />Little Canada, MN 55117<br />(651) 482-0977<br />www.airdownthere.com<br />airdownthere@msn.com
01-17-2005, 07:21 PM,
Re:Mall of America - Underwater Adventures Dive
They usually give you an above tank walk through, show you some of the inner workings of their aquarium, and then dive in both tanks. In the freshwater tank you get to swim around on your own, and they'll bring food down and let you feed the sturgeon. On the saltwater dive they'll corrall the sharks for you and let you swim by the tubes that people walk through underneath. It's a fun time, in my humble opinon.
-Dave
01-29-2005, 12:44 AM,
Re: Mall of America - Underwater Adventures Dive
I agree. I had a blast last January when I did the dives. They gave us a tour of their facilities (above the tanks). They use 50 cu tanks though, but it is usually long enough.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, &quot;Damn...that was fun!&quot;
01-29-2005, 10:51 AM,
I was watching the travle channel last night and they were doing a special on the mall of america...they had a nice peice on diving in underwater world.
AOW
02-10-2005, 02:58 PM,
So how'd it go last night???
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
02-10-2005, 10:57 PM,
It was great! Besides the experience I felt like the entertainment. I had several family/friends (who supported this with a gift cert.) watching waving and picture taking. The sturgeon were top dogs in the feeding frenzy of dead worms. The bass must prefer live worms. They were hesitant and would sometimes spit them out. In the shark tank it was "do not feed the animals". Just watch. And in the shark teeth find, Matt, from ADT, cleaned up there. I am guessing a dozen or so.

We had about an hour of diving. Both tanks about 74 degrees. Got re-aquainted(spl) with a board member who works there. I did not expect the assistance we got from the UWW dive team. They got our gear set up for the dives and broke down and rinsed after the dives, as well.

To the dive team, thanks for making this a great experience.

Thanks Scott and Tracy for setting this up.
Dan
02-11-2005, 09:57 AM,
Aw , COOL !!!!!
I am SO glad that at least SOME PEOPLE have luck finding sharks teeth...
(All I ever find was rocks...Like Charlie Brown...)  :'(

I am SO GLAD you guys had a blast...Had fun with dem sturgeons did ya???
(Those suckers...LITERALLY)   ;D

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH