Remember me
Lost Password Register

Calling MN from Cozumel, . . the cheapest way?
01-24-2005, 07:39 PM,
Calling MN from Cozumel, . . the cheapest way?
My family will be going to Cozumel for a week in March.  My wife will probably have to call home every other day to see how the dog and cat are doing.  What are your thoughts on the cheapest way to call home?  I have a Sprint cell phone.  We'll be staying at the Presidente.  Should we:  Use a public phone?  Call though the hotel desk?  Cell phone?  What about pre-paid phone cards? I am techno-phone challenged, but I am coachable.
Thanks!
Eino Maki
01-24-2005, 09:53 PM,
Re: Calling MN from Cozumel, . . the cheapest way?
I've always found calling cards to be the way to go while out of the country.  Sam's clubs and the like have really decent rates even for international calls.
-Dave
01-24-2005, 09:55 PM,
we just got back form Cozumel. Cost $45 on a credit card to listen to my voice mail greeting. We found e-mail and IM the quickest and cheapest way talk to anyone in the states.

did get my Cell to work in town, should only cost $1.70/min, but have not seen the bill yet.

Dan

01-24-2005, 10:45 PM,
The best I've heard and used is phone cards. And they should be purchased there. I believe it's a Telemex card. And as for cell phones, check with your provider. You will need some type of international service.

DT
01-25-2005, 07:45 AM,
I was unable to get my cell phone to work from coz.

Doug
AOW
01-25-2005, 08:29 AM,
Whatever you do-DON'T CALL Collect.  I did that last year and 10 minutes of tome cost $130.00.  Not in pesos either!  The best way is to go to one of the many calling stations or crew stations as they are sometimes called.  It's 50 cents a minute and you pay right in the store so theres no suprises on you credit card when you get home.  They have internet access for around $4.00 an hour as well.  Have fun down there.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
01-25-2005, 01:20 PM,
They have a calling station down by the mail curise ship dock, south of town in that little mall on the pier..plus lots of local artist and performers showing off thier stuff, kind of fun way to spend the afternoon.
AOW