Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crystal River...
01-26-2005, 12:49 PM,
Crystal River...
Dove with Richard/Stacy and the gang from SD & T on Monday morning at Crystal River with dem Manatees...Needless to say, it was a little BRISK out there  (air temp was close to 32...)
The water felt like a warm bath...
Viz was really good...Got some good pics and some GREAT scratches in too...Dove King's spring afterwards...This time I wasn't scared of the cavern and had a great time...

Dove the Rainbow river (drift dive) and had a blast...The sun was out and the viz was just great....Saw some really nice Alligator Gars....

But guess who got "volunteered" for towing the flag rope down the river....  :-X

It was a blast to see everybody again and have a wonderful day of diving!!!!  Made me homesick for sure...

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
01-26-2005, 01:51 PM,
Re: Crystal River...
Can you upload some of the photos to us Jean? please,please,please
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
01-28-2005, 11:37 AM,
Surely when I get them developed !!!

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
03-16-2007, 02:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2007, 11:35 PM by WeatherPaparazzi.)
To buy a dry suit or go on a warm weather vacation...  I went on vacation.

My buddy Brian from Sarasota and I met up to dive Crystal River and Manatee Springs Florida last month.   Manatee springs was a blast but I did not go through the cave since I'm not a cave diver.  Plus the park rangers were all over us when we got in the water  since they already had one person die the week before in the cave system that was not a cave diver.  The rangers were cool but just wanted to make sure we were not carrying any lights as we went into the water.

Talk about crystal clear water!!!  We were the first ones in the water that day and since we planned the trip during the week to avoid tourists, it worked out pretty good.  

We also did the Manatee thing at Crystal River and Three Sisters.

I can not confirm this but I think I got bad air from the hole in the wall dive shop I rented a tank from.  One of the guys that works there was out back smoke'n when they were filling tanks so who knows what was in that tank.  All I know is I fed the manatees on the way back.  I just wish I waited until we got to the bridge where the tourists were watching when I did.  My buddy was freaking thinking I got bent but then when we looked at the dive computer and the depths then saw the dude smoking by the compressor when we got back.  Yeah did not take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened.  But I can't prove it but when I dove on the other tanks that were filled from a different dive shop I was fine.   Bottom line, don't smoke next to a fill station.

Anyway,  here is the video of the manatees

Here is a video Brian shot of the Brown Water Snake.  Nothing like seeing this swim past you at 24 feet under water.

Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
03-16-2007, 07:18 AM,
Nice videos...awesome viz!
03-16-2007, 08:42 PM,
The trick is when its in season down there to go during the week.  Cheaper and less tourists to deal with.  First one in the springs gets viz super clear.

Now here is the question for everyone.  Where was this photo taken and would you dive it?

Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.
03-22-2007, 03:42 PM,
I believe that is buffalo lake and I all ready dove it  >Big Grin
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !