Remember me
Lost Password Register

Diver left adrift sues boat crew that left him
01-28-2005, 09:36 AM,
Associated Press
January 28, 2005 DIVER0129

LOS ANGELES -- A diver who drifted for five hours after a boat crew left him at sea has sued the diving company for $4 million.

Daniel Carlock Jr. filed a lawsuit Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court against Ocean Adventures Dive Co. and its employees, accusing them of negligence, inflicting emotional distress and fraud.

Carlock, 46, alleges Ocean Adventures left him off Santa Catalina Island on April 25, 2004, then lied about his location, delaying his rescue for five hours. He was eventually rescued by Boy Scouts in the area.

He developed skin cancer as a result of extended exposure to the sun that day, according to the lawsuit, which also asks for an unspecified amount in punitive damages.

The president of Ocean Adventures, Stephen Ladd, did not immediately return a call for comment Thursday. His wife said he is leading a diving expedition to the Coral Sea in Australia. Others named in the suit said they had not yet seen it and could not comment.

In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
01-28-2005, 12:15 PM,
Re: Diver left adrift sues boat crew that left him
Just read the article... was gonna post it but you beat me to it!

Can a person develop skin cancer based on one day in the sun???

How did they come to $4,000,000?  ??? :Smile Tongue Sad :o
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy