Remember me
Lost Password Register

Man eating fish at Perch Lake
07-30-2002, 03:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2003, 11:51 AM by LKunze.)
Man eating fish at Perch Lake
Did a dive out at Perch Lake along the weed line heading towards the platform in about 10 to 15 ft of water and almost instantly was surrounded by at least 50 to 100 fish (mostly sunnies and crappies) it was absolutely incredible. I had my camera with and thought hey...this is cool, I'll take some pics of the fish. Pretty soon I got bit on the hand, then again on my other hand, then to top it off I got bit right on the edge of my lip and it hurt too! They were super aggressive! I thought dang, time to move on so upon heading toward the platform looking back, the little buggers were in pursuit until I was out of the vegetation and almost to the platform where there is just a gravel bottom. I am guessing these fish have been fed a lot and they can recognize a diver when they're in the water so they're probably thinking "Feed us". LOL!!! ;D
07-30-2002, 03:24 PM,
Re:Man eating fish at Perch Lake
;D<br><br>That's a great story, still laughing... Going back any time soon? Wink
07-30-2002, 03:35 PM,
<br>Only if I wear a stainless steel mesh shark suit. ;D
07-30-2002, 03:45 PM,
Gee, I wonder who has been feeding the fish at Perch Lake???<br>(Hot dogs and cheese)<br>They nibble at your ear-lobes too!!!!<br><br>Thanks...Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
07-30-2002, 04:18 PM,
<br>Somehow I knew you'd be replying to this one Jean...I remember you posted earlier that you liked to feed the fish out at Perch. Wink
08-28-2002, 08:13 PM,
Jean and I saw a 3 foot Carp at Perch this past weekend not too far from the sunken motor boat. It was big and I didn't have maginfying glasses either Smile
08-30-2002, 08:58 AM,
That was one big carp!!! I could not believe my eyes.<br>I have seen around an 18 incher before in Perch, but not anything near this large.<br>Reminded me of an underwater shuttle bus...<br><br>Thanks..Jean ;D
08-30-2002, 11:23 AM,
GP and I saw that fish on our first dive there in May. We were very surprised. Someone later told me it may be a dogfish -- related to the carp.
--Jason
09-01-2002, 02:07 AM,
Interesting...Should have checked its dog tags...<br>Seriously, thank you. It is nice to be able to identify these<br>critters, instead of saying "I saw a really big fish!!!!"<br><br>Thanks...Jean ;D
09-02-2002, 07:44 PM,
I tried to post this the other day but had trouble getting through the pages after logging in.. anyway, I had never heard of a dogfish (bowfin) so I found a picture of one at so, that's what they look like.<br><br>Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?