Remember me
Lost Password Register

Local rivers.
07-31-2002, 05:18 PM,
Local rivers.
Has anybody dove on local rivers?<br>In particular, I'm inerested to dive on St. Croix.
07-31-2002, 06:36 PM,
Re:Local rivers.
I'm guessing that would probably be a 0 viz dive.
07-31-2002, 09:28 PM,
I've heard that smith diving does some dives in the Mississippi for their master scuba course. I've often wondered what that would be like. It sounds like a mix between a drift dive and a body-recovery dive.
--Jason
08-01-2002, 08:36 AM,
I think close to the bottom viz shoud not be so bad
08-05-2002, 06:13 PM,
I have quite a bit of experience in river diving in SC. If you're interest do a google search on Cooper River Diving in Charleston SC. It is called "black water diving" there. This happens to be my favorite type of diving. I haven't dove in any rivers in MN because i haven't found someone with my level of interest. I understand that some diving in the Mississippi is done north of Brainerd but thats all I know. If anyone else has any information, please pass it on. Thanks
08-07-2002, 03:45 PM,
I guess I've been spearfishing while freediving in the Ottertail River, you could probably call it snorkeling. The water can get very clear in the OtterTail. 1st of May it was only from 2 to 6 or 8' vis, but during the summer it can get much clearer. I snagged a lot of suckers. Drifting down river was great. I've only visited one section but there may be some sections of the river that are more given to scuba diving and finding artifacts. Have to do some homework.<br><br>Fred Johnson
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-07-2002, 07:45 PM,
freedivernd, thanks for the info. I will do some research. I just happened to drive through that area yesterday.
08-07-2002, 09:23 PM,
to Fred Johnson and nomads.<br>Keep me updated plz on whatever you've found about the subj.<br>Thanks.
09-09-2002, 11:28 AM,
Alek, will you be looking for something in the river? Or did you just want to check it out for the experience.
GO DIVING!
09-09-2002, 12:18 PM,
I want to check out on actual view of a couple places where i fish at %) to see how the fish lives