Remember me
Lost Password Register

Any Info???
02-14-2005, 02:54 PM,
Any Info???
Hi,

I'm interested in getting my diving c-card. I'm a below-elbow amputee. Does anyone know if there are any instructors who have worked with amputees, or know of an instructor who'd be good to work with???? I live in the twin cities metro and wouldn't mind driving to find the right instructor...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also, are there any other amputee divers here??? I'd like to talk with them about their experiences as well....

Thanks,

Eric
02-14-2005, 03:59 PM,
Re: Any Info???
Eric, welcome to mnscuba.  We have a couple members with disabilities.  I know some of the intructors at Scuba Dive & Travel have worked with divers that have special needs.  My guess is that most area shops have instructors that can adjust your training properly.  What part of the metro area do you live in?  Chances are you can find a shop close by.
--Jason
02-14-2005, 08:01 PM,
Jason,

Thanks for the welcome & the information Smile....
I have heard very good things about SDT, and will check them out. I live in New Hope but am ok with driving to find a good instructor. Happy Diving!!!!!

Peace,

Eric
02-15-2005, 04:47 PM,
I have been very happy diving with Chuck from Going under. all my classes have been small enugh to accomadate any special needs.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
02-16-2005, 03:33 PM,
Jim,

Thanks for the info on Going Under.... Smile
I'll check them out as well!!!

Jason,

I went to SD&T and talked with Darrin. What a great guy, and he was able to answer all all my questions and made me feel right at home. He didn't see any issues that would be limiting for me. I also like that they have a small class size for training! Right now SD&T is at the top of my list!! Thanks again, and Happy Diving!!!!!

Peace,

Eric
02-16-2005, 04:24 PM,
Darrin rocks.  Chuck at GU is a good guy too.  Both are regular contributors on mnscuba.
--Jason
02-28-2005, 06:55 PM,
Hi,

Well, I took the plunge Big Grin, and signed up for my Scuba classes at SD&T!!!
I'm excited to dive right in 8) and start my underwater adventures. Thanks for the info and Happy Diving!!!!!!

Peace,

Eric
03-01-2005, 09:18 PM,
Awesome Eric, keep us updated on your progress.  Hope to see you at the lakes this Summer.
--Jason
03-07-2005, 04:03 PM,
Thats very Cool stay on board and and join us for a few dives this summer Smile
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-15-2005, 04:30 PM,
Well, tomorrow I do my pool training with Russ from SD&T. I was able to set up my rig ok yesterday and I'm doing it again tonight without my prosthesis, since that is how I'll dive. Hmmm, we'll see what happens tomorrow!!!! :o